I did the unthinkable

Dirtyhip

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

LBroke my bike yesterday. My buddy loaned me his spare bike at camp. 

It was an ebike. 

Before anyone rips me a new one, I was in a legal zone that allows e bikes and regular bikes. The zone is already trashed. Logged. Skidded. Abused. It has a nice trail network through it now. It is well known. It has one of the hardest black diamonds in the state. Some people say it should be double black.

I ran the bike on eco mode which is the least amount of assist. I went out with three very strong dudes. I had to soft pedal all day or I was just gone. The beast absolutely sucks on the downhill except for it making me 50 pounds heavier so I rolled pretty fast on it. Usually my weight is a negative for most downhill compared to heavier people. I have to pedal like mad to stay on bigger people. It was heavy to toss around on jumps and berms. The bike was a large. I had to lean it to get on and off.  Top tube was on my crotch. I handled it pretty well.  You don't ride with your feet on the ground. All good.

It was fun. I won't lie. He said I would have to buy it if I destroyed it. I rode the shit out that machine and kept it upright. 

I am not buying one. I still want to be the engine.

@Dottie

Thanks for the perspectives. It’s not so much the bike but the rider that annoys most.  Sounds like you rode responsibly and didn’t have a lot of options.

oh but since you are expecting to get ripped... Dude you suck!!! ?

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Thanks for the perspectives. It’s not so much the bike but the rider that annoys most.  Sounds like you rode responsibly and didn’t have a lot of options.

oh but since you are expecting to get ripped... Dude you suck!!! ?

Yeah.  I know.

The boys were commenting about how I wasn't being a jerk about it on the ride.    I played so nice and stayed with the group.  There was one time I changed the setting to the fastest and just pedaled hard.  Holy shit.  So freaking fast.  

I did get a little dig on them, as we picked the route.  They were like...we do this or that...blah blah.  I said "Lets do all of it.  Twice."  My husband threatened me with a pic of me with the bike.  I shut up pretty quick.  

No one locally saw me on it.  The people we were with were the professional trail builders.  We stayed at the off-limits build camp.  Behind a locked gate and we had the key.  Being an influential part of making these new trails has its perks.  Lots of work, but I get to do shit like this.  Some of the trails are being built and are still closed.  We got to sample the new stuff.  Rock star lifestyle.  It was so cool.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Do you repair the hydraulic circuit yourself?

No.  And this SUCKS sweaty balls.  I have to send it in to be rebuilt.  I am so upset.  

So, catch this.  My Fuse is messed up too.  I have to send in my Guide brakes, cause there is some warranty issue with them.  They get hot, and you calipers slam shut.  … and, now Brutus is hurt too.   

My heart is broken right now.  Spring riding conditions are ripping, and I have two broken mountain bikes.  My fave shop said I could borrow some Shimano, but damn...all rerouting and swapping for a one week fix.  Nah.  I guess I am stuck with the CruX and the Seek.  The CruX is pretty bad ass, so I shouldn't complain.  Oh boo hoo, I have to ride my carbon Pro race CX.  I guess it's not all that bad. 

But I love Brutus.  Gotta send off that shock tomorrow.  RED.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1