The Lunch Club

jsharr

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

Club on a croissant is what I had for lunch.  No tomatoes.  Light on the mayo.  Toasted.  It was very nice.  Had a side of low calorie cheese puffs and a bottle of water.

Nope.  Clubs have " lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise"  You merely had a croissandwich for lunch.

• Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I heated up the last two dinners I made up and froze before my surgery. They were good. I didn’t want to leave them in the freezer too long. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables.

Do you all eat your main meal at noonish then a lighter supper in the evening?

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I eat a good breakfast, then a second breakfast or early lunch. Then a good lunch, sometimes a second lunch, or an early dinner. Then supper which tends to be a pretty good meal

And that's it.

Except for when I have a light snack before bed.

But I only do that on days that end in Y.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Further said:

I eat a good breakfast, then a second breakfast or early lunch. Then a good lunch, sometimes a second lunch, or an early dinner. Then supper which tends to be a pretty good meal

And that's it.

Except for when I have a light snack before bed.

But I only do that on days that end in Y.

Bilbo!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Sometimes, the big meal was always supper time when my wife was working. Since she has been off work sick we play it by ear. I made creamed chicken and biscuits with mashed potatoes for supper tonight. It turned out good.

Did somebody say croissant?  Aldi's store brand breakfast sandwich of sausage, egg, and cheese on a croissant is excellent - though a little high in sodium.  They're normally $3.15 for 4 but have been on sale for $2.95 the last couple weeks vs $4.95 for poorer-tasting Jimmy Dean, etc. breakfast sandwiches at the supermarkets.

664066933_CroissantAldiBreakfastSandwich.JPG.dda4aef9e64a36a806b39bb43928c0a5.JPG