Couch saved my marriage....

Airehead

18 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...do you ever wonder at times why you decided to build a wonderful new house ?

Yes frequently. Got the estimate for the stonework, patio off porch, two walk ways, two retaining walls and two sets of steps. Seems crazy. I try to focus on how much the dogs like it here. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Yes frequently. Got the estimate for the stonework, patio off porch, two walk ways, two retaining walls and two sets of steps. Seems crazy. I try to focus on how much the dogs like it here. 

...my brother and sister in law decided to build their dream house up on a hillside in Marin county, near San Rafael.  somehow the architect fucked up on the estimating of the height and strength requirements of one retaining wall, underestimating the grade drop by about ten feet.  I forget the exact amount, but that one wall (to reduce the chances of the whole house sliding down the hill) ended up costing them over $100,000.  Which was more than I paid for the house I was living in here at the time.   ?

But they have been very happy up there on their hill, with the wind blowing in from the direction of the ocean and rattling the windows and doors.  I think maybe that's too much of an adventure for me. 

• Heart 1