Shrimp scampi with new potatoes

jsharr

18 hours ago, Airehead said:

Why don’t I understand?

Razor's Edge posted some cheese on a flat bread with fancy mustard sauce and called it a cheeseburger.  So I decided my club sandwich on a croissant without tomatoes was shrimp scampi and my cheetos were new potatoes and my lime La Croix mineral water was a 1964 Chateau Lafite Rothschildes.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Razor's Edge posted some cheese on a flat bread with fancy mustard sauce and called it a cheeseburger.  So I decided my club sandwich on a croissant without tomatoes was shrimp scampi and my cheetos were new potatoes and my lime La Croix mineral water was a 1964 Chateau Lafite Rothschildes. 

ARE WE DOING THIS AGAIN!!!!! ?

57 minutes ago, jsharr said:

At least RE's interpretation makes some sense. 

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

How long have you known me?  Regardless of your answer, at any point during that time, did I ever make sense, to you or anyone else?

I can go with "Cheetos are the new potatoes," but in no way does a club sandwich translate into shrimp scampi. Maybe cordon bleu... 

1 minute ago, roadsue said:

I can go with "Cheetos are the new potatoes," but in no way does a club sandwich translate into shrimp scampi. Maybe cordon bleu... 

It is theatre of the absurd.  I wanted to point out to @Razors Edge how far off he was with his post.

But, RE wasn't far off at all. IMO, he was quite clever, not absurd. If turkey creates a turkeyburger, and a rice/bean concoction creates a veggieburger, then slices of cheese create a cheeseburger.

How fun! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, roadsue said:

But, RE wasn't far off at all. IMO, he was quite clever, not absurd. If turkey creates a turkeyburger, and a rice/bean concoction creates a veggieburger, then slices of cheese create a cheeseburger.

How fun!  

It's good to be understood!

When I was young, I bought a split of Lafite. My comment at the time was that it was a heavy bodied wine with an aftertaste of gym socks.

It's intended to be paired with a heavy French meal, steak might be a good choice. I didn't want to pursue the matter, after that.

We're having salmon with a tangerine sauce tonite.

I wanted to leave it like that, for maximal snob points. Truth is, it's a store bought sauce that benefits mightily from  a generous dash of orange zest. The fruitiness of a good habanero, minced, would add some flavor, and serious heat, if one was inclined to head that way.

33 minutes ago, roadsue said:

How fun! 

If he would have made a patty of ground up cheese and grilled it and then served it on a bun, i could see this.  He did not.  he put a slice of cheese on a flat bread.  At the very best he had a cheese sandwich.  

Even Oxford has my back on this.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/burger

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

If he would have made a patty of ground up cheese and grilled it and then served it on a bun, i could see this.  He did not.  he put a slice of cheese on a flat bread.  At the very best he had a cheese sandwich.  

What does oxford say about club sandwiches??? Probably something about tomatoes!

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What does oxford say about club sandwiches??? Probably something about tomatoes!

club sandwich

NOUN

• A sandwich consisting typically of chicken and bacon, tomato, lettuce, and dressing, with two layers of filling between three slices of bread.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Cheese is ground up milk and rennet, formed into shapes. An elegant interpretation...

16 hours ago, jsharr said:

How much is @Razors Edge paying you to take this ludicrous stance?

Nothing, but she seems far wittier than me by a long shot!  And, it goes without saying (but I will state it anyway) that it also shows she is well ahead of you, too.