I'm hungry..ya wanna deliver some dinner?

petitepedal

I baking about 8 oz. of a thick salmon filet, seasoned with lime juice, salt, pepper, and topped with salsa.  Scalloped potatoes and green beans are the sides.

That's assuming I'm not wiped out after I walk Jake a few miles.  If so, it's probably Wendy's.

I now know what the Siberian prisoners experienced when they discovered an extinct fish that had been frozen in the ice for 25,000 years but was in such good condition they cooked and ate it!

So I walked Jake (the pictorial presentation "Nothing could be finer than a walk in the park called Kinder" is in development).

Then I went home to make my advertised-above dinner.  I picked up the package of salmon filets I had thawed in the fridge and discovered one side of the plastic package had been ripped and a little of the bigger (about 10 oz.) filet that was next to the rip had dried out a little in the month or so it was in the freezer.

The smaller (about 7 oz.) filet looked fine.  I decided to bake both, use the smaller one for sandwiches tomorrow (with lots of light mayo, tomato, and lettuce), and eat the partly-dry one tonight for dinner, covered with salsa - which makes almost everything better.

The part of the salmon away from the dry area was excellent as were the scalloped potatoes and green beans.

But then I got gluttonous and decided to try the dry area of the salmon.  At first it was ok.  Then I ran into some real tough sections that left an aftertaste.  I just ate a handful of chocolate covered almonds to kill the taste.  Too bad those Siberian prisoners didn't have some chocolate.