I'm two days into a wheat free diet...

Don't laugh, wait until it kicks in. I've tried to stop eating wheat several times, my reaction makes me think I am addicted.

On another matter, moon pies are 3rd rate, at the best of times. You need to be nicer to your taste buds.

1 hour ago, Shu Fang said:

I've done this before.  I've quit booze and hard drugs and wheat is nearly impossible to break away from.

Shu Pizza

Yeah, I've quit tobacco, drinking, I stopped using pot for over 30 years.

Wheat is harder.

My First Summer in the Sierra by John MuirChapter 3 A Bread Famine

July 7. --Rather weak and sickish this morning, and all about a piece of bread. Can scarce command attention to my best studies, as if one couldn't take a few days' saunter in the Godful woods without maintaining a base on a wheat-field and grist-mill. Like caged parrots we want a cracker, any of the hundred kinds, --the remainder biscuit of a voyage around the world would answer well enough, nor would the wholesomeness of saleratus biscuit be questioned. Bread without flesh is a good diet, as on many botanical excursions I have proved....

...Sheep-camp bread, like most California camp bread, is baked in Dutch ovens, some of it in the form of yeast powder biscuit, an unwholesome sticky compound leading straight to dyspepsia. The greater part, however, is fermented with sour dough, a handful from each batch being saved and put away in the mouth of the flour sack to inoculate the next. The oven is simply a cast-iron pot, about five inches deep and from twelve to eighteen inches wide. After the batch has been mixed and kneaded in a tin pan, the oven is slightly heated and rubbed with a piece of tallow or pork rind. The dough is then placed in it, pressed out against the sides, and left to rise. When ready for baking a shovelful of coals is spread out by the side of the fire and the oven set upon them, while another shovelful is placed on top of the lid, which is raised from time to time to see that the requisite amount of heat is being kept up. With care good bread may be made in this way, though it is liable to be burned or to be sour, or raised too much, and the weight of the oven is a serious objection.

...And the dawns and sunrises and sundowns of these mountain days, --the rose light creeping higher among the stars, changing to daffodil yellow, the level beams bursting forth, streaming across the ridges, touching pine after pine, awakening and warming all the mighty host to do gladly their shining day's work. The great sun-gold noons, the alabaster cloud-mountains, the landscape beaming with consciousness like the face of a god. The sunsets, when the trees stood hushed awaiting their good-night blessings. Divine, enduring, unwastable wealth.

Tahoe Trip 074.JPG

• Heart 1

cutting out the one ingredient (wheat, refined sugar) isn't what causes you to lose weight.  You lose weight because when you cut out wheat, you stop eating products containing simple carbs (ore too many simple sugars), which tend to be junk food.

When you crave something, it's usually your body saying it needs something IN that craving.  Like Wheat.  Cut out simple carbs, eat whole grain wheat stuff.  Wash it down with a Heffeweissen.

All these fad diets - just eat smart.  Stay out of the center of the supermarket.

• Heart 1