Well, no heat today and cold house

Dottleshead

Just now, Dottie said:

Highs only in the mid 50s on Friday. I will be burning the rest of the week.

That was yesterday. Today we're back to normal.  Cool days in Spring are cruel.  I had to go into the closet and get my slightly heavier coat for my dog walk yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That was yesterday. Today we're back to normal.  Cool days in Spring are cruel.  I had to go into the closet and get my slightly heavier coat for my dog walk yesterday.

In the warmer months, I am sure you notice the humidity there. Never forget the first time I landed in Baltimore... It felt just like an indoor pool. Or the sweating two hours AFTER the jog.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Today we are having central AC installed in the upstairs of our house.  Yesterday it was in the 40s.

Wow, you really like to keep it cold in your house.  How big of an AC unit does it take to get the upstairs that cold?

8 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Today we are having central AC installed in the upstairs of our house.  Yesterday it was in the 40s.

We had a replacement system installed a week ago, and we still haven't had a chance to see it heating or cooling.  Sure, ran it a little when it got into the low 80s the other day, but that's not really much of a "test".  We have kept the house closed up since then, though, since between the rain and the resulting spike in pollen, it is best to keeps the house relatively sealed off.

16 minutes ago, Dottie said:

In the warmer months, I am sure you notice the humidity there. Never forget the first time I landed in Baltimore... It felt just like an indoor pool. Or the sweating two hours AFTER the jog.

Heat and humidity are something I easily adapt to.  Cold - without much body fat - is tougher.  Sure, you can add more layers, but where's the fun in that?

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Heat and humidity are something I easily adapt to.  Cold - without much body fat - is tougher.  Sure, you can add more layers, but where's the fun in that?

Put on about 3 pounds a year for 30 years and you know what happened to this former athlete.

My furnace has been kicking-on once in a while over the past week with some nights having 40+F lows and days having 50-60F highs.

Today is sunny and will get close to 70F, so I'll take Jake for a walk this afternoon - once again beating rain expected late in the day.  My guess is the lower trail areas will be a little muddy so I'll stick to the paved trail.