Did RG show up for work?

Kzoo

21 hours ago, Airehead said:

I for one am hoping he enjoys his first day.  He didnt even check in at lunch :(

McDonald's don't have long lunch breaks, so probably didn't have time.

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

But they have free wifi - the place to do business - McDonalds, the new Starbucks.

I have a network engineer that spends a lot of time traveling to client sites.  He knows where every McDonalds in the state is for their wifi.

41 minutes ago, Indy said:

29 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

But they have free wifi - the place to do business - McDonalds, the new Starbucks.

I have a network engineer that spends a lot of time traveling to client sites.  He knows where every McDonalds in the state is for their wifi.

He is in trouble for the $4 loss he caused on a fiasco with some asshats breakfast order.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, Kzoo said:

And if so, how did his first day go.

He did say he started on the 15th, right?

This is all true. 

First day they took me to lunch where I dined on a $19 burger that was good. I was given a fancy water bottle made of metal, and a similar coffee cup that I will use for tea to confuse everybody. 

Then I was given a polo shirt and a jacket, both monogrammed with company name, and today two more navy polos were given to me. I can only assume there is a surplus of polo shirts, but I am appreciative nonetheless.  

Everybody seems nice and very smart. Since clients could conceivably visit at any time, I must dress well.  This will prove a hardship because my 3 positions in the last 11 years have been hypercasual unless I was meeting with clients.  Since much had been done on the phone, my business clothing was a minimalist’s minimal. 

I must find things to wear, even pants. I will be bargain hunting Saturday for sure.  

Today there were the previously mentioned donuts of malevolence, then at five they had chips and beer in the conference room, where a couple of guys let everyone know what happened at a TechData sponsored conferencey shindig in San Diego that they went to. 

I have much to learn before I am functional.  

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This is all true. 

First day they took me to lunch where I dined on a $19 burger that was good. I was given a fancy water bottle made of metal, and a similar coffee cup that I will use for tea to confuse everybody. 

Then I was given a polo shirt and a jacket, both monogrammed with company name, and today two more navy polos were given two me. I can only assume there is a surplus of polo shirts, but I am appreciative nonetheless.  

Everybody seems nice and very smart. Since clients could conceivably visit at any time, I must dress well.  This will prove a hardship because my 3 positions in the last 11 years have been hypercasual unless I was meeting with clients.  Since much had been done on the phone, my business clothing was a minimalist’s minimal. 

I must find things to wear, even pants. I will be bargain hunting Saturday for sure.  

Today there were the previously mentioned donuts of malevolence, then at five they had chips and beer in the conference room, where a couple of guys let everyone know what happened at a TechData sponsored conferencey shindig in San Diego that they went to. 

I have much to learn before I am functional.  

TechData is our evil vendor of choice.

4 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...yes, buy used.  You will soon outgrow them because of all the donut eating and lunches out and stuff.

Apparently the Chinese have adopted the Ohio  diet vices, I will have to learn to just say no. 

Curious fact:  there was plenty of coffee in the office, but only Lipton tea.  Normally this wouldn’t be so curious, because ‘murica and all that, but the Chinese generally have an appreciation for tea.  I will get to the bottom of this for sure. 

• Haha 1