So,I'm going to Cleveland this weekend.

It's a bit unexpected as I planned on going there Memorial Day weekend.  But one of my best friend's mother passed away yesterday.  I truly love my friend's mother; she was a genuine soul with a kind and gentle heart.  There is now a huge hole in the world.

Angie's mom always fed me.  I was always invited to Thanksgiving dinner and Christmases.  She never once judged me for my spectacular shortcomings.  Not once did she suggest how I live my life. She always embraced me with dynamite hugs, with her frail and tiny body, each time I had a chance to see her.  She was kind.

She died with dignity as cancer took over and destroyed her body.  She wouldn't accept visitors at the end, hoping to protect the ones she loved from the pain she was experiencing.  She died with her husband by her side around 1:30 AM last night. 

She was strong, a warrior and she graced the world with beacon of light I rarely see.  She believed in God, and I have hope she finds him.  She loved her children, grandchildren and healed all their cuts and bruises along with breakups from girlfriends and boyfriends.  She loved Angie's and her husband's animals, especially the stupid bird that likes to attack me when I visit.  Taj the bird, always sat on her shoulder as she walked around Angie's house, cleaning and taking care of her grandchildren.  She was real and fantastic example of human empathy. 

And now, she's gone home.  Now, she has her wings.

Rick 

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 9