A few new photos of Shadi

sheep_herder

Do you think she wants to herd them, or is she keeping an eye on them to protect them? The lambs seem quite comfortable with her. 

And your wife's jacket seems even more "lived in" than my 35-year-old Carhartt jacket! Ha!

Shadi is a very lucky doggie.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, smudge said:

Do you think she wants to herd them, or is she keeping an eye on them to protect them? The lambs seem quite comfortable with her. 

And your wife's jacket seems even more "lived in" than my 35-year-old Carhartt jacket! Ha!

No, she wants to work them, and will try to return them to the dry lot if they squeeze through the gate.  Living in a kennel near the gate, she seems to know which ones are ok to be in the driveway. Yes, the lambs are very friendly with any dog that will tolerate them, as that is what they have always done with Duke, the Corgi. Not only do the lambs surround her in the dry lot, I looked out the other day when forking hay, and one white Katahdin lamb had actually laid down beside Shadi and stayed there when the others left.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, smudge said:

I was wondering this as well. 

Great pics.  Great doggo.

• Awesome 1