5/16 miles & such

bikeman564™

Had to get my car serviced. 

Rather than sit at the dealers 

I walked half a mile up the hill to a bar for a beer

When I told the bar keep I had walked up the hill he was amazed. I thought he was going to give me a beer.

But he didn't

I drank my beer and walked back down the hill. 

• Heart 3

14 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

another 15 on another spring day

HA!  Spring is hopefully now officially well established.

Got to ride a short stretch of fresh pavement yesterday as they are repaving a 3 mile section of trail near me.  I always feel like the new pavement is "sticky", but that might be in my head. So 20 miles after work :)

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

HA!  Spring is hopefully now officially well established.

Got to ride a short stretch of fresh pavement yesterday as they are repaving a 3 mile section of trail near me.  I always feel like the new pavement is "sticky", but that might be in my head. So 20 miles after work :)

Nope. Totally agree on “sticky” asphalt. It usually takes a couple rains and some dust from some windy days to get new pavement to its optimum. 

A friend who had moved a couple years ago had set many KoMs in the area. He is back visiting and said he assumed many of them had been broken by a couple strong riders by now. I had taken a couple only to have those guys beat mine! I told him I knew of one. I had tried to take it earlier this year when conditions should have been perfect. I think the asphalt has deteriorated to the point it will stand until it’s repaved. 

2 minutes ago, groupw said:

Nope. Totally agree on “sticky” asphalt. It usually takes a couple rains and some dust from some windy days to get new pavement to its optimum. 

A friend who had moved a couple years ago had set many KoMs in the area. He is back visiting and said he assumed many of them had been broken by a couple strong riders by now. I had taken a couple only to have those guys beat mine! I told him I knew of one. I had tried to take it earlier this year when conditions should have been perfect. I think the asphalt has deteriorated to the point it will stand until it’s repaved.  

A couple of local KoM climbs that I target not necessarily for #1 but for PRs and maybe top 10s are in HORRENDOUS shape right now.  No chance to pick an optimal line, so they'll have to wait until someone gets around to repaving them.  Also, a crap ton of gravel/broken pavement scattered across the road, so on the descent, you can't even enjoy the ride :(  I'm hoping that gets redone soon.

• Heart 1