Goodbye Big Bang Theory

MickinMD

After 12 seasons, the final two episodes were shown back-to-back Thursday Night.  The final episode wasn't unusually memorable.  The season finale of Young Sheldon that followed was pretty good - with multiple predictions of what happened on the final episode of The Big Bang Theory.

A behind the scenes show hosted by Leonard and Penny was very good, except for some reason the producers/directors thought that showing many scenes in black and white was a good artistic move. It wasn't.

Supposedly, this became the final season of The Bing Bang Theory because Jim Parsons (Sheldon) demanded a huge salary increase, but it had pretty much run its course in any case.

27 minutes ago, groupw said:

I used to watch it and liked it. Still like the characters but just stopped watching. Not totally sure why. 

This pretty much sums up me.  I just watched the final episode but I haven’t watched it much in years.

I thought they did a good job wrapping up the show. 

• Heart 1

This was one show we watched semi regularly because Mr Aire really identifies with Sheldon.   The last maybe four episodes did a good job of wrapping up the stories.  Last night brought a tear to my eye when Sheldon finally figured out what mattered in life. Maybe because I work in a field where I often see people who cannot wrap their heads around social reciprocity or maybe because above mentioned husband has the same big brain as Sheldon and sometimes misses basics.   I admit to shedding a tear during his speech at the Nobel prize ceremony. I also love that they fixed the elevator. 

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

Going to miss it.

I went to an engineering school & saw all those personality traits. We didn't have the availability of all the geek/nerd/tech stuff other than 2 episodes of ST-TOS every day. For reference; I wired 220v into my room so I could run an air conditioner; I had a Radio Shack hobby box mounted next to my bed where I could control/dim the room lights; control speaker volume (L-Pads); phone extension; and the black light for my geek poster (don't remember which one).

• Heart 4

Having gone to grad school in Chemistry at IIT where we would drink beer in a research lab and argue for hours about things like how bright the Super Nova of 1054 AD was as seen from Earth or we would do things like blow-up corroded sticks of potassium and sodium by throwing them into Lake Michigan at night, the whole premise of The Big Bang Theory was almost like a blast from the past for me.

The one weird thing was how Penny, a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory, could afford an apartment alone while, across the hallway, college physics professors Sheldon and Leonard needed to share an apartment to make ends meet.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

The one weird thing was how Penny, a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory, could afford an apartment alone while, across the hallway, college physics professors Sheldon and Leonard needed to share an apartment to make ends meet.

Right!?!?  In Pasadena that one bedroom Apt would be $1,500 to $2K a month!

27 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I stopped asking that kind of question a long time ago.

Kaley-Cuoco-SIGNED-11x14-Photo-Penny-The

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

1) 1-bedroom vs 2-bedroom, and much smaller living space

2) beater car

3) no school related loans

4) the guys spent a lot on geek stuff/collectables

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

1) 1-bedroom vs 2-bedroom, and much smaller living space

2) beater car

3) no school related loans

4) the guys spent a lot on geek stuff/collectables

5. It was a freaking TV show and not reality.

WoKzoo asks questions like this all the time.  The standard answer is always.... It's a TV show.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

5. It was a freaking TV show and not reality.

WoKzoo asks questions like this all the time.  The standard answer is always.... It's a TV show.

Wo46 tells me this all the time when we are watching some of her police shows that she likes. The car is has a automatic transmission but when the high speed pursuit comes out it a manual 10 speed transmission. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

Wo46 tells me this all the time when we are watching some of her police shows that she likes. The car is has a automatic transmission but when the high speed pursuit comes out it a manual 10 speed transmission. 

Fart can 4 banger growling like a big block...

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Right!?!?  In Pasadena that one bedroom Apt would be $1,500 to $2K a month!

Hot chicks take advantage of guys utter horny tendencies often, free drinks, meals, all kinds of stuff.  I know several NYC women that told me they went on dates so they could afford to eat, it was the only way. Plus concerts and Broadway shows and events, pretty chicks spending could be primarily rent and clothing. 

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Hot chicks take advantage of guys utter horny tendencies often, free drinks, meals, all kinds of stuff.  I know several NYC women that told me they went on dates so they could afford to eat, it was the only way. Plus concerts and Broadway shows and events, pretty chicks spending could be primarily rent and clothing. 

A lady who I used to work with was f'n hot and when we would see her out in the bars it was kinda funny watching how she would work the guys for free drinks. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BR46 said:

A lady who I used to work with was f'n hot and when we would see her out in the bars it was kinda funny watching how she would work the guys for free drinks. 

What I am shocked about is that guys even do that.  I have never bought a chick a drink by way of an introduction, that seems lame, like you had no other way in.  

When women would try to scam me for free drinks, I would always say “you get the first round, I’ll get the next.”   That stopped the scammers in their tracks.  

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

What I am shocked about is that guys even do that.  I have never bought a chick a drink by way of an introduction, that seems lame, like you had no other way in.  

When women would try to scam me for free drinks, I would always say “you get the first round, I’ll get the next.”   That stopped the scammers in their tracks.  

Those women deserve your remark, RG.  

I didn't watch Big Bang Theory regularily, partially because I don't have a tv. So would watch it whenever somewhere else.

Let's put it this way, I disliked Friends because there was a lot about that series I had hard time relating. 

In the big cities, the world has changed  (hopefully) in terms who we befriend and have as neighbours.  Big Bang I related better to the crazy nerdiness and how they tried to all get along/support each other. True, in high school, there were some classmates that were brilliant social outcasts but funny/quirky.

19 hours ago, Randomguy said:

WoScrapr said she did that. She was working a low pay job and had to do it to survive. Then she met her Sugar Daddy & all her dreams came true

*she met Scrapr sometime later  :D