Weekend plans..the weekend before the memorial dayholiday

petitepedal

We may finally have a dry weekend. 

Sat morning I need to get peas and taters planted. Then we are headed over to Kingston Ontario for the day to celebrate our 17 year anniversary. Do a little shopping then dinner at Chez Piggy. 

Sunday our church is hosting a conference and we expect 4-500 people so that will be a busy day. We do have a break in the afternoon and it’s supposed to be nice so probably get a ride in.

BuffCarla just left for a Lady's trip to Rehoboth Beach DE to visit some old friends.

I'm planning to go with my brother to explore some state lands. We're going by canoe. I'm going bird watching. I think his interest is scouting out hunting lands. He's quite the outdoorsman and will be able to teach me a bit about the bird species. As you know, I struggle with identification of the smaller species.

• Heart 2

Daughter finishes her dental hygiene program with a pinning ceremony Sat morning.  My niece (who is like our 2nd daughter)  graduates from  Cal State Fullerton today but we’re having a grad party tomorrow after daughters pinning ceremony.

Its supposed to rain Sun so we’ll see if I get any rides in this weekend..

• Heart 2

Tonight is prom for Wade.  Meeting at the waterfall at the end of our street for pics and then they are off to the Canyon Creek County Club for dinner and prom.

Tomorrow I have a Wood Badge event in the AM and then something tomorrow night but I cannot remember 

Sunday I need to work on the yard if it is not raining.

The annual firemen's training school is in town. Firefighters from all over the state converge to learn new techniques and check out new equipment. The guys can be a lot of fun, but also swamp the places we like to go. The distillery about 30 minutes north of town is having a food truck tonight. Think we will go there instead...

Weekend could either be stormy or nice depending on when you look at the forecast. I'm almost hoping for storms so I'm not tempted to ride the road bike. The muscles are doing a little better, but aren't ready for it, yet!

We're getting "thunderstorms in spots" Fri-Sat, then highs in the upper 80's Sun-Mon, where the normal high now is 75F.  They're saying 73F Tues so I going to walk the dog early Sun or Mon and do yardwork Tues.  Otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary for the weekend except watching the final episode of Game of Thrones, but that will probably be Mon. night.  Next Fri. I'm watching my school-closed-for-a-day 11 yr. old nephew Adam and my brother, his father, is opening their large, inground pool on Wed., so I'll get some swimming exercise with Adam - an excellent swimmer/diver: most Central/Eastern Shore Maryland kids can swim well.  So my big exercise days are Sun.-walk dog 2.5 miles, Tues-mow lawn, etc., Thurs.-walk dog 2.5 miles, Fri-swim. Sun or Memorial Day - swim.

• Heart 1

On 5/17/2019 at 9:41 AM, Longjohn said:

My garden is still too wet to do anything with. I tilled it up about a week before my surgery. I’ll probably work on cleaning the house on Saturday. A lot of stuff has been let go like vacuuming. My surgeon doesn’t want me to overdo.

My poor gardener mother has been struggling with that situation for weeks now!  She is jealous that that is never a problem with me - my garden can be planted soon after any heavy rain because it drains so well after years of compost addition, and a sandy loam base to start with.  Hers in western PA is much heavier.