Mt. St Helen’s

Airehead

Remember it well. I forgot it was the anniversary though. Nothing in the news at all. 

I was  on the couch after a hard night of drinking. You can see Mt St Helens from many parts of Ptown. The ash plume was immense. But most of the ash fall went east toward Central Washington. Portland got a bit of it. People were freaking out about ash clogging up their gutters. And killing car engines. Air filters clogged up fast. 

Want some ash?  I can find some certified Mt St Helens ash.$25.00 per

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

Remember it well. I forgot it was the anniversary though. Nothing in the news at all. 

I was  on the couch after a hard night of drinking. You can see Mt St Helens from many parts of Ptown. The ash plume was immense. But most of the ash fall went east toward Central Washington. Portland got a bit of it. People were freaking out about ash clogging up their gutters. And killing car engines. Air filters clogged up fast. 

Want some ash?  I can find some certified Mt St Helens ash.$25.00 per

Certified Ash is that cheap out there?

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I remember Harry Truman and thinking how irresponsible it was of the media to build him up like a folk hero instead of berating him and telling him he was an f'ing idiot.

He wanted to be left alone, and NOBODY is going to be exhuming that body. Which assumes anyone could even find it, which I kinda doubt. So he got what he wanted.

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

On this date in 1980, it erupted and killed 57. Doesn’t seem that long ago and seems like forever ago. 

I remember seeing it on tv. I was a jr. In high school.

i remember the date cause it’s our anniversary. Or maybe I remember our anniversary because it’s on the same day Mt. St. Hellen’s erupted?

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Zackny said:

I remember seeing it on tv. I was a jr. In high school.

i remember the date cause it’s our anniversary. Or maybe I remember our anniversary because it’s on the same day Mt. St. Hellen’s erupted?

I was too. It was the same year Reagan got shot I believe.