I really like the women as depicted in cheesy ‘70’s tv shows

Randomguy

I am watching “Logan’s Run” the series.  

I specifically am enjoying the male/female dynamic.

In this series, the men and women are all vacuous, as they have been kept in the dark their whole lives.  That said, they easily snap into various duties and situations.  

Men take the chances, do the exploring and fighting, and generally take the lead in situations. The women look sexy, get lost or kidnapped, and act as peacemakers should thing go a certain way.  The also make themselves known when they are positive or more sure about something or other, and they are respected when they make their cases  

I like this.  It made me think how everyone had a lane and certain expectations were taken for granted, but with room for persuasive dissent on the big things. 

I think now that many people just don’t know how to act.  Women are inundated with touchy-feely  messages that they are all fit and entitled to lead, when the truth is that the majority are not in any way capable of this.  Don’t get your panties in a bunch, though, their are still plenty of excellent chick leaders, and there is that pesky fact that most men do not have the capacity to effectively perform leader duties, either. 

What it seems like is that we are so lost in pc messages about the importance of other people’s feelings that no consensus is possible, that we are forever mired in attempts to outnice everyone and be overly considerate.

What has happened is that men nowadays are less manly and women are more so, so it generates a lot of societal cognitive dissonance.

I am hoping that chicks will at least continue to shave their legs and their pits, and keep the winter bush to a minimum when all is said and done.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I am hoping that chicks will at least continue to shave their legs and their pits, and keep the winter bush to a minimum when all is said and done.

...you, sir, are a rabid anti-hirsute.  You should be deeply ashamed of your Chaetophobia.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

What has happened is that men nowadays are less manly and women are more so, so it generates a lot of societal cognitive dissonance.

I thought about this a bit further, and realized that this is troubling because men make crappy women and women make crappy men.  

Only a couple of comments (and only one like) on that whole stream of consciousness?  Geez, people, there is a lot to grab onto there!

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I thought about this a bit further, and realized that this is troubling because men make crappy women and women make crappy men.  

Only a couple of comments (and only one like) on that whole stream of consciousness?  Geez, people, there is a lot to grab onto there!

The men here are too busy acting like women and the women are too busy acting like men.  BTW, where is @AirwickWithCheese?  :(

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 12:59 PM, Randomguy said:

I am watching “Logan’s Run” the series.  

I specifically am enjoying the male/female dynamic.

In this series, the men and women are all vacuous, as they have been kept in the dark their whole lives.  That said, they easily snap into various duties and situations.  

Men take the chances, do the exploring and fighting, and generally take the lead in situations. The women look sexy, get lost or kidnapped, and act as peacemakers should thing go a certain way.  The also make themselves known when they are positive or more sure about something or other, and they are respected when they make their cases  

I like this.  It made me think how everyone had a lane and certain expectations were taken for granted, but with room for persuasive dissent on the big things. 

I think now that many people just don’t know how to act.  Women are inundated with touchy-feely  messages that they are all fit and entitled to lead, when the truth is that the majority are not in any way capable of this.  Don’t get your panties in a bunch, though, their are still plenty of excellent chick leaders, and there is that pesky fact that most men do not have the capacity to effectively perform leader duties, either. 

What it seems like is that we are so lost in pc messages about the importance of other people’s feelings that no consensus is possible, that we are forever mired in attempts to outnice everyone and be overly considerate.

You’ll fit right in working at a Chinese firm. Now you just need to ditch your concept of personal time and fair pay. 

• Sad 1

The very talented, very beautiful Linda Ronstadt on "The Eagles and Friends" (Ronstadt and Jackson Brown) episode of "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" in 1974:

vlcsnap-2019-05-19-19h27m37s609.jpg.71d6b635b45042fd71ce0f25c1faa0a8.jpg

In the '70's they called women guitar players "chicks with picks."  Do they still do that or are they less rare now?

vlcsnap-2019-05-19-19h29m25s835.jpg.e826e55c4581d2a03fc0cfdb96de9706.jpg

Of course, Linda can obviously finger pick as well, which is still rare (and play E minor and A major chords below, respectively, raised a major third by a capo):

vlcsnap-2019-05-19-19h46m57s972.jpg.77d9a77c0613eabc828b7d0c8d038146.jpg

vlcsnap-2019-05-19-19h39m31s332.jpg.1fc446193e44f546b5ddc7a4cb441872.jpg