My wife is out of town -- nothing to do but surf and PS4

Dottleshead

The guy is over finishing up our deck today. We bought the low end Trex Enhanced Basic. The price was right. The only downside is this lower priced model scratches. Oh well, you can't have it all -- on my budget anyway. Regardless, it's a MAJOR improvement to what it's replacing.

1 hour ago, onbike1939 said:

I mean I despair when I read this thread........all this pointless activity and not one mention of an internal spiritual life....zilch.

Now I can understand Dottie not knowing what I'm talking about......him being an unrepentant philistine and all....but the rest of you? For your information, I spent a good...oh...fifteen minutes pondering upon the futility of life and the wonder involved in living on this speck of a planet before being distracted by images of the cold sausages I had in the fridge.....which were excellent by the way. Make time for non-material things would be my advice.....just saying.

I usually contemplate all that shit when I am lounging on the patio with the dawg!

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I usually contemplate all that shit when I am lounging on the patio with the dawg!

Now I may be wrong.......but I have a suspicion that you are not quite in harmony with the whole concept of a higher plane. I mean.....when you do this are you wearing dungarees, drinking white lightning and spitting tobacco juice?

2 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Now I may be wrong.......but I have a suspicion that you are not quite in harmony with the whole concept of a higher plane. I mean.....when you do this are you wearing dungarees, drinking white lightning and spitting tobacco juice?

That’s pretty much all we do in America. Plus we’re hunting from the porch while we’re doing it. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Airehead said:

What kind of sushi 

I'm a big fan of the basic spicy tuna roll.  It's the cheapest thing on there and one of my favorites.  I like their specialty rolls too but every time I have one of those, I realize I could have had 2 or 3 of the spicy tuna rolls for the cost of one specialty roll.  My friend had the specialty thing on the menu.  He also likes sushimi -- which is typically not on my palette.  

https://www.fattyfishwa.com/menus-1

The soups are very good. Udon or ramen.

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I haven’t read this thread, so I have to ask how many hookers and how much blow you have gone through. 

He mentioned "surfing", so the odds are it was more an "entertaining himself" sort of thing. 

I do worry about the blisters.

12 hours ago, BuffJim said:

That’s pretty much all we do in America. Plus we’re hunting from the porch while we’re doing it. 

Do you really think I don't know that you are shooting possums at the same time........my fingers are always on the pulse of America's heartland.....dear me yes.:)

• Heart 1

I've got the recorded Game of Thrones finale to watch tonight.

The Big Bang Theory is done for good.

The Orville is done for the season.

I'm babysitting my 11 year-old nephew Friday and we're going swimming in the morning, then we'll eat a late lunch as I introduce him to Dr. Who with the scary "Rose" (2005) episode where the manikins turn into killers.  I don't think he'll have nightmares with the good, rational ending but if so his mother can deal with them!

I've recorded all 14 episodes of the 2nd season of Star Trek Discovery and have 7 left to watch.

Then I'll watch the 2nd season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Instant Video.

Then I'll continue to catch up on Homeland.

Then I'll watch two low-budget but high-rated movies I've downloaded but haven't seen: Little Miss Sunshine (2006) and The Blair Witch Project (1999).

Then I'll watch the eight crucial Marvel Cinematic Universe movies I'm supposed to watch where the 8th on is the latest Avengers: Endgame (2019).

Adam will love Rose, who became the greatest of all the Dr. Who assistants:

Rose attacked by the manikins:

vlcsnap-2019-05-20-10h51m54s021.thumb.jpg.031e2124546231a785f920108369186e.jpg

Rose runs around Dr. Who's Tardis to verify how small it is:

vlcsnap-2019-05-20-10h57m38s557.thumb.jpg.95ebc64ddde81f1a160bd6b2cc8706f9.jpg

Rose shocked by the interior size of the Tardis:

vlcsnap-2019-05-20-11h00m37s389.thumb.jpg.eef5e6268f47d3ae31bfe52ade616f95.jpgvlcsnap-2019-05-20-10h59m09s994.thumb.jpg.a2ea8e7d661a8fe50bb3a3a06f45ec44.jpg

vlcsnap-2019-05-20-11h01m14s176.thumb.jpg.e544619f1f082af10976936bcab2d8fa.jpg

vlcsnap-2019-05-20-11h01m34s595.thumb.jpg.184f5aa84ac672c68cb4562cbe82de53.jpg

vlcsnap-2019-05-20-11h01m43s171.thumb.jpg.a3745c761143f3188f386c7ed47f55df.jpg

• Heart 2