I Assume I Am "Normal" But...

Razors Edge

...sometimes I need a reality check.

Yesterday, for lunch, I decided on having grilled cheese.  So, I grabbed the cheese, bread, and butter from the fridge, and assembled two wondrously cheesy sandwiches.  As I cooked, and then consumed, those two sandwiches, I wondered if two was "normal" or not.  I almost always make two grilled cheese sandwiches, since I feel like, if I am making the effort to "cook", I might as well maximize my effort.

Do the rest of you go with two grilled cheese sandwiches too?  I can imagine the more creative and better cooks here might find they are able to make more complex sandwiches and therefore might get by with one packed sandwich, but I am not in that league.  

This is also true for when I make quesadillas.

• Heart 1

I usually just make one and add something like ham, turkey, tomatoes, or jalapeños to add some body. And lately I find making baked cheeses much easier and less messy and healthier. 

Carrots, celery and pickles make good accompaniments. Hmmm, maybe you have something there- just making two grilled cheeses is less work!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I usually just make one and add something like ham, turkey, tomatoes, or jalapeños to add some body. And lately I find making baked cheeses much easier and less messy and healthier.  

You're one of those fancy people, eh :D

"Baked cheese" <- what is that process?

Just now, Razors Edge said:

You're one of those fancy people, eh :D

"Baked cheese" <- what is that process?

Not fancy, simple!  Slap the cheese on the bread, slap the sandwich in the toaster oven and remove when the cheese is nicely melted, before it all turns black!  No grease on your fingers this way!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Not fancy, simple!  Slap the cheese on the bread, slap the sandwich in the toaster oven and remove when the cheese is nicely melted, before it all turns black!  No grease on your fingers this way!

Pffffffft. Grease is good.

And to the OP, you are not normal but it has nothing to do with sandwiches.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...sometimes I need a reality check.

Yesterday, for lunch, I decided on having grilled cheese.  So, I grabbed the cheese, bread, and butter from the fridge, and assembled two wondrously cheesy sandwiches.  As I cooked, and then consumed, those two sandwiches, I wondered if two was "normal" or not.  I almost always make two grilled cheese sandwiches, since I feel like, if I am making the effort to "cook", I might as well maximize my effort.

Do the rest of you go with two grilled cheese sandwiches too?  I can imagine the more creative and better cooks here might find they are able to make more complex sandwiches and therefore might get by with one packed sandwich, but I am not in that league.  

This is also true for when I make quesadillas.

Me too!  I did that yesterday with canned tuna!  I only make tuna salad once a month or so, but when I do it, I make two 7 oz. cans (yes, they still exist!) of Costco's Kirkland solid white tuna with the appropriate amount of mayo, diced onion, celery seed, garlic powder, and either thyme, dry Italian seasoning or Old Bay.  If I'm going to all that trouble, one can isn't worth the effort.  I mixed it up in a plastic container, made two sandwiches, and stored the 3/4 that was left in the refrigerator.

• Awesome 1

Place cheddar slices on the skillet, add one slice of bread, no butter.  Add pepper jack cheese, another slice of bread and top with more strong cheddar.  Flip once to crisp cheddar on the outside of the sandwich.  That way, 5he cheese is grilled and you know how good that is..

• Awesome 1