My new love

Airehead

I think my contractor comes by today and finish up replacing my rotting deck. It will be totally replaced with a beautiful, new composite deck.  I'm pretty excited because this means, a) it will not rot and should last my lifetime here in our damp PNW, b) I've got zero maintenance on it except maybe a yearly power wash, and c) I don't have to worry about folks falling through the decking and/or personal lawsuits -- as this deck is the main entrance to the house.  Finally, I can now sell my house knowing that all the 'must have' upgrades are complete.

When I get that dumb platform built, I can put a 12x12 shed on it and we are rocking and rolling.  I suspect those 2 things just bumped the sell price up of my house $15K.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I think my contractor comes by today and finish up replacing my rotting deck. It will be totally replaced with a beautiful, new composite deck.  I'm pretty excited because this means, a) it will not rot and last my lifetime here in our damp PNW, b) I've got zero maintenance on it except maybe a yearly power wash, and c) I don't have to worry about folks falling through the decking and/or personal lawsuits -- as this deck is the main entrance to the house.  Finally, I can now sell my house knowing that all the 'must have' upgrades are complete.

When I get that dumb platform built, I can put a 12x12 shed on it and we are rocking and rolling.  I suspect those 2 things just bumped the sell price up of my house $15K.

But do you have a crush on your contractor?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

How big will your pond be?  Ours is about 1/2 acre of water.  A little difficult to get an exact measurement since is an  irregular shape and has an island in it.

About an acre we think. I said stop when you get all the dirt you need. Has to be 10 feet deep in center for DEC to bring fish

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

This all sounds very nice!  I hope my guest bedroom will overlook the pond - or maybe the dog yard. :nodhead:

I think you should sleep on the lounging porch and listen to the frogs sing. 

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Does Mr. Aire know you are in an open relationship?

He knows stuff is getting done. Does that count. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1