Longjohn and Scrapr..

Wilbur

Here's the skinny. Last weekend WoScrapr had 2 very bad nights where she was having a hard time breathing. We finished the protocol for the Death with Dignity drugs last week. Prescription was delivered Monday. She was in terrible shape and ready to use it Tuesday. In talking with the Pallative care Dr she encouraged WoScrapr to enter Hospice. She thought Hospice would be able to control her pain and the drugs would help her breathe. So Monday we got entered. And the drugs worked pretty good to help her breathe. So she has had a pretty good week. We hope to go over to Bend on Monday for a few days. But it all is just day to day. 

Her bestie just left for Italy for 10 days. If I know her she will put off any decisions until she gets back. WoScrapr has a great attitude.Her socks yesterday said...

I identify as a Bad Ass.

In the background we put off setting up Trusts to take a bite outta taxes. So the lawyer came over to the house Monday and we signed all kinda docs. Tues through Friday I worked with Vanguard to get them set up in our accounts. There were several issues with the titling on WoScraprs account. So worked through that. Funded hers on Friday night. A bit more to wire in on Monday. We took Lil Scrapr out to dinner last week and had a talk. We laid out the way the trusts would work. WoScrapr gave him an idea of the size of our estate. All of a sudden I'm smarter than I look!

And oh by the way...youngest brother died last night in Arizona from brain cancer. He was Dx almost 2 years ago. About 2 month ago I was able to run down & say goodbye. My last words to him were I love you

• Awesome 4
  • Sad 9

Whelp WOLJ isn’t out of the woods yet. She got the results of her day of scans. The lesion on her brain appears to be gone but she now has lesions on her liver and lymph nodes. The bones are still involved but appear stable. They are changing her medication again. They plan on starting another round of chemo but are waiting the results of a biopsy.

• Sad 9

41 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Whelp WOLJ isn’t out of the woods yet. She got the results of her day of scans. The lesion on her brain appears to be gone but she now has lesions on her liver and lymph nodes. The bones are still involved but appear stable. They are changing her medication again. They plan on starting another round of chemo but are waiting the results of a biopsy.

This too makes me so very sad.  I wish the both of you peace.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

We are keeping the medical professionals in the latest in pleasure boats. I have a big eye exam tomorrow morning, all the computer testing and photos and then the super dialation where they attach a microscope to my eye. They skipped this test the last four times I was in but warned me no skipping this time. Tuesday I get the stitches out of my face from the skin cancer removal. Wednesday I see the surgeon hopefully for the final follow up visit. Not sure about that, my PCP ordered blood work and found me anemic again. The rest of the week will be taking my wife for treatments. I want to go kayaking.

• Awesome 3

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I've written several posts here and I've erased several.  It seems that there is little I can say.  Be strong, carry on.

It's really hard to say anything deeper than the trite things we say -- often reduced to during times like these.  We all feel it, most of us really care about what these folks are going through, we all wish it could be different -- and yet saying anything more than 'Our thoughts are with you' or 'May God comfort you' are about the best we can do during these hard and sensitive times.  I really hate to read that our friends scrapr and LJ going through this.  Two great guys.

• Awesome 3

28 minutes ago, Dottie said:

It's really hard to say anything deeper than the trite things we say -- often reduced to during times like these.  We all feel it, most of us really care about what these folks are going through, we all wish it could be different -- and yet saying anything more than 'Our thoughts are with you' or 'May God comfort you' are about the best we can do during these hard and sensitive times.  I really hate to read that our friends scrapr and LJ going through this.  Two great guys.

Well said, and ditto.

• Heart 2