Little Honda

late

Honda has brought the Cub back. It was one of the first bikes Honda imported to the States, and they sold like hotcakes. The Beach Boys did a song about it. The new one has twice the power, and costs less than $4K.

Not that Honda ever stopped making it, but groovy little motorbikes fell out of style here.

• Heart 3

36 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is a heck of a lot of moolah for a scooter!

It's reliable and durable, which is also why more Cubs have been sold than any other motorised vehicle.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, team scooter said:

I'm really liking the new Honda Monkey Bike too. It looks like the Little Honda trail bikes from the 70s. I can even buy aftermarket engine/trans kits to turn my 1970 Honda Trail 70 into a 125cc with a four speed trans.

2019-Honda-Monkey.jpg

My brother and I had one of those when we were kids!

1 hour ago, late said:

Honda has brought the Cub back. It was one of the first bikes Honda imported to the States, and they sold like hotcakes. The Beach Boys did a song about it. The new one has twice the power, and costs less than $4K.

Not that Honda ever stopped making it, but groovy little motorbikes fell out of style here.

I was in a band in high school that played Beach Boys songs including Little Honda. We played twice for for money: $25 - $5 for each of us.  Once was when we talked the school sponsors of what was supposed to be a gym record hop (you had to wear socks, not shoes on the gym floor) to let us play instead.  The second was when we played while the real band in a night club went on break.

That means I'm a professional musician!  Actually, our bass player taught my little brother the bass and he's loved it ever since and actually still plays for money a few times a month to this day in his band "Switch."  He's in the middle below.812594_461925943860551_1514786655_o.thumb.jpg.295b567bb62ddb2860f255117ef796f5.jpg

12012_461930873860058_1188843839_n.jpg

53 minutes ago, team scooter said:

This is my 1970 (first year made) Honda Trail 70. I recently got it running again after it sat with bad gas in it for several years.

2013-04-14_16-00-43_942_resized[244].jpg

I remember those too but ours looked like the one in the picture with the gas tank. Red too!

• Heart 1