So, was it good for you?

Rattlecan

I can't look at any of the comments here until after I watch the finale I downloaded for tonight (Monday) while I eat dinner.  I have beef tips marinating in a teriyaki sauce, Main Street brand creamy scalloped potatoes and plenty of fresh-frozen veggies to nuke to go with it.  Dessert will either be sugar-free Snack Pack Chocolate Pudding or the Mary Sue Pecan Nougat Easter Egg I haven't touched yet, depending on this afternoon's blood glucose test.

I've also had to turn off the TV news as soon as they begin mentioning GoT.

I'm sure I'll be a little disappointed because there are too many loose ends to tie up in 79 minutes and 24 seconds and they've already changed the behavior of a few characters so they could rush and complete the plot conclusions in just 6 episodes instead of the 9 or 10 the final season really required.

OK. I just watched the finale of Game of Thrones.  I looked at the reviews afterward and my first reaction is like the two twitters ABC reported, "Worst episode of the entire series," and "I'm sorry I own a television set," and the ABC reporter saying everyone left her finale party depressed because of the poor quality of the ending.

I didn't mind so much the several surprises that occurred, but in a 79 minute finale, you don't spend 10% of it following Tyrion alone as he wandered through the castle and finding his dead brother and sister, crying as he agonizingly slowly moved one rock at a time from them. There were lots of similar boring stuff, as if the writers and directors didn't have enough material for the episode so they used a lot of quiet, non-spoken filler.  It reminded me of the high school exam short essays I graded requiring at least 50 words that were filled with things like, "The difference between oxidation and reduction is that oxidation really, really, really oxidizes and reduction really, really, really, really reduces."

Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 6, the finale, gets the same F grade - which is really disappointing since S8 E3, the battle with the Army of the Dead, was one of the greatest hours ever in a television series.

The good news is that HBO is planning a prequel that occurs hundreds of years earlier and the Song of Ice and Fire book series (5 have been written) are not finished with at least two left and HBO's Game of Thrones deviated from the books beginning with Season 6, so I'm going to begin reading them.