It never occurred to me I might be a minority...

Page Turner

...but according to these guys, I'm in the 30% demographic.  I always assumed everyone pooped after coffee.

This study isn’t the first to suggest that the gut’s muscles are directly affected by coffee. As far as back as 1990, researchers found that healthy people who self-reported as coffee-poopers had more movement of their colon muscles after drinking black coffee than did those who said they never felt the urge.

As with the current study, the effects could be seen even when people drank decaffeinated coffee. And given the short time it took to see these contractions—within four minutes—the researchers of the 1990 study speculated that coffee could be acting indirectly on the colon via the small intestine or stomach. It was this same study that established not everyone feels the need to poop post-coffee; it’s really only around 30 percent.

https://gizmodo.com/why-does-coffee-make-us-poop-scientists-gave-coffee-to-1834852779

I'm going to have to rethink a lot of things, and this is one of them.  Are there really people who don't get the urge to poop after a delicious cup of coffee ?

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...but according to these guys, I'm in the 30% demographic.  I always assumed everyone pooped after coffee.

This study isn’t the first to suggest that the gut’s muscles are directly affected by coffee. As far as back as 1990, researchers found that healthy people who self-reported as coffee-poopers had more movement of their colon muscles after drinking black coffee than did those who said they never felt the urge.

As with the current study, the effects could be seen even when people drank decaffeinated coffee. And given the short time it took to see these contractions—within four minutes—the researchers of the 1990 study speculated that coffee could be acting indirectly on the colon via the small intestine or stomach. It was this same study that established not everyone feels the need to poop post-coffee; it’s really only around 30 percent.

https://gizmodo.com/why-does-coffee-make-us-poop-scientists-gave-coffee-to-1834852779

I'm going to have to rethink a lot of things, and this is one of them.  Are there really people who don't get the urge to poop after a delicious cup of coffee ?

Regardless of this "word dense" unreadable schlock, I thought you were a guy? We're MINORITIES! Learn to embrace it.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Regardless of this "word dense" unreadable schlock, I thought you were a guy? We're MINORITIES! Learn to embrace it.

...in the fire department, guys were a solid majority.  If you work in an office, you're gonna get beaten down by wimmenz your whole life long.  :( 

Interestingly, both environments place an undeniable emphasis on coffee to make the wheels go around and keep the machinery oiled.  Coincidence ?

#buncha_shit

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

people who self-reported as coffee-poopers had more movement of their colon muscles after drinking black coffee than did those who said they never felt the urge.

This may be one of the dumbest statements ever written.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...says the guy who is so out of touch with his colon muscles that he drinks coffee and does not poop.

It has nothing to do with colon muscles.  It's about obviously stating the obvious.

Those people who poop more reported that they poop more than the people who don't poop more.

Those people with thick skulls reported that they have thick skulls more than the people that don't have thick skulls.

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

It has nothing to do with colon muscles.  It's about obviously stating the obvious.

Those people who poop more reported that they poop more than the people who don't poop more.

Those people with thick skulls reported that they have thick skulls more than the people that don't have thick skulls.

You can't contest this answer Page.  Kzoo knows thick skulls and poop.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I would think it would be very confusing, maybe even hazardous to drink coffee from a coffee colored mug.  ?

I have a dark mug and I need to make sure the light is on when I fill it up.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kzoo said:

...#coffee_poops_matter

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

As a teacher who drank coffee most of the school day, I must have trained myself not to have to poop after coffee: sometimes it wasn't convenient to do so for a few hours at a time.

...#resist !