At least there's a lot of topic variety here!

MickinMD

Thanks for the wide variety of interests and topic on this site, folks!

I just got off the chess.com forums.  Someone will start a thread, "Who is the greatest chess player of all time?"

We Americans will say Bobby Fischer or maybe Paul Morphy (1800's American that Bobby Fischer believed was the GOAT), the Indians will say Vishy Anand, the Russians will say Garry Kasparov, etc. etc.

Then, a week later, someone will start another thread, "Who is the greatest chess player of all time?" with the same predictable answers.

Then someone will ask, "Is chess a sport?"  Some will point out that it will be in the next Summer Olympics, some say there's no physical challenge, others point out we are as physically exhausted after an all-day live chess tournament as after playing soccer, etc.

Then a few days later there's another thread with "Is chess a sport?" with the same predictable answers.

Other frequent threads are "Why am I not improving?" by players who only play Blitz (5 min. or less on the chess clock) games, and "Chess.com has a bug and wouldn't let me make this move" where the attempted move is an illegal one according to the rules of chess.

Then you've got the Tim Conway types who post threads like, "Chess is proven to drive you into insanity," and "Sophia Vergara is really a chess master."  Oops - well, we've got our own Tim Conways here, right?

Capture.JPG.e7cd2391e325ccf7f6d9611847efc66f.JPG

• Heart 1

Just now, Airehead said:

Interesting point you make Mick-- I think it is one of the reasons I always return here

I always loved talking aboot how much we love cycling but after a while it is understood. :D

I might need to join a chaise lounge on the patio forum. :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

You should start taking some of the weird stuff from here and posting it there, or get us all to join there and we can have fun with the chess guys.

Doing a drive by on a mall walker site is kinda expected, but a chess site ?  :scratchhead:

It would be epic  :hapydance:

But I would hate for it to get blamed on Mick  :dontknow: 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

You should start taking some of the weird stuff from here and posting it there, or get us all to join there and we can have fun with the chess guys.

Yay!  Another forum invasion!!!  Long overdue.  But we need Cheese if we want to really confuzzle them.   :D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1