Wednesday

Airehead

What is on your agenda for today????

I have a bad case of spring fever.  The guys are working at the house putting in the generator and AC unit I think.  Wiring is done but there was too much snow to install the mechanical units in February.

I should have "worked from home" today instead of leaving the Airedales in charge.

Got a security guy coming in to talk at 10...the TV people will be in....I need to treadmill it tonight...but I am also gonna check my glasses..see if there is anything we can do to make them more user friendly in that gray area of progressives :wacko:

Thinking about getting out to ride this weekend..weatherheads are talking possible sunshine...LOL my outdoor light just came on a few minutes ago...dark and dreary!!

• Heart 1

My wife’s physical terrorist will be here in less than two hours, then her in home nurse will be here an hour later, then I go to the dermatologist to get my stitches out. The rest of the day I am free to do whatever I want. It is windy, cold, and supposed to storm.

46 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I have a bad case of spring fever.  The guys are working at the house putting in the generator and AC unit I think.  Wiring is done but there was too much snow to install the mechanical units in February.

I should have "worked from home" today instead of leaving the Airedales in charge.

Are you fitting the new place with a generator that comes on automatically when the power goes out?  I think that is super dope. 

I am cleaning blood today until 2:30.  Then I will take my mess of a MTB to the LBS so they can get it AFU.  Em has a game at 18:00

• Heart 1

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Nice longjohnism! :D

That was a good one.

I am seeing a Doc in a couple hours to get more PT. While I'm not sure how I screwed up this time, I definitely ripped a small muscle in my back. It's getting better, but I need to learn how I screwed up.

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I'm sure you are safe letting the Airedales doing the supervision. 

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

My wife’s physical terrorist will be here in less than two hours, then her in home nurse will be here an hour later, then I go to the dermatologist to get my stitches out. The rest of the day I am free to do whatever I want. It is windy, cold, and supposed to storm.

Being retired is keeping you plenty busy!

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Are you fitting the new place with a generator that comes on automatically when the power goes out?  I think that is super dope. 

I am cleaning blood today until 2:30.  Then I will take my mess of a MTB to the LBS so they can get it AFU.  Em has a game at 18:00

Yes, the generator will come on automatically.  We have a well so no power means no water.  We also live in Rochester where at least we used to get power outing blizzards quite frequently.   Our old house was wired for a full house generator but we had to be there to plug it in and keep gas in the tank.  Broken pipes in kitchen when power went out and we were in Bermuda.  New house runs on propane so the fancy generator will come on automatically.  It will even test itself monthly and call service if needed.  Mr. Aire is sure we will never, ever have another power outage.  I said good--- then this is a nice insurance policy.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

Built fence to enlarge the sheep pasture. (with lots of "help" from Lucky)    She loves to go along everywhere to help.  After finishing the fence we took the ATV and rode along the dog trail to the patch of wild asparagus to get any new shoots. With the cold rain there were only a couple.  Rode around the horse pasture to check the fences.  Now in the house for a cold drink.  When WoD_P gets home we need to drive to Middlebury to pick her Jeep up.  It was in for alignment today. Sitting here reading the forum and facebook with a very tired puppy on my lap.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

Ride 16 miles on the W&OD this morning. Quad espresso post ride. I’m at work, nothing else to add.

Any ideas for a nice 20-30 mile ride near Bull Run?  Looking for something NOT on  MUP, it will be Sunday morning.  Looks like heading west would be best.  Doubt the battlefield will be clear of traffic

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Any ideas for a nice 20-30 mile ride near Bull Run?  Looking for something NOT on  MUP, it will be Sunday morning.  Looks like heading west would be best.  Doubt the battlefield will be clear of traffic

Battlefield shouldn’t be too bad on Sunday but the roads are limited ie less than 20-30. The LBS owner rides out there all the time; he has good routes on back roads. I’ll get a route for you from Bull Run and back.

I got the stitches out of my face. No scar that I can see but it will be awhile before my beard looks right. I have to start an eight week treatment for something on the back of my knee.

i got home and tilled some garden and opened the pool. I grilled some salmon on the gas grill, steamed some broccoli, and baked some potatoes and a yam.

The physical terrorist said it looked like I had things pretty much under control. He said after I get my wife situated in the morning I need to go for a bike ride. I guess my wife must have been talking about me.

• Heart 4

Phone calls are over. I did the 6AM and 8:30 PM from home. For the Asia call it was only Japan. Korea, Singapore and China stood me up. Asia calls are hard when you don’t know the people. The don’t ask many questions. But it’s done. The rest of the week should be more relaxed. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Phone calls are over. I did the 6AM and 8:30 PM from home. For the Asia call it was only Japan. Korea, Singapore and China stood me up. Asia calls are hard when you don’t know the people. The don’t ask many questions. But it’s done. The rest of the week should be more relaxed. 

What language do you use on a call like that ?