I Think I Need a Vacation

ChrisL

I just hit a year at my job and besides a long weekend here & there haven’t taken any time off.  I also worked a year at the other job for a year and took no time off.  I never took time off from the job from hell, I just had working vacations....

I noticed I’m starting to get a little ragged around the edges.  Coming in late, I’m not motivated to work on projects,  just a little tired of work... This 4 day weekend will help (wanted to blow early but have a 4 pm meeting now...) but I need a real vacation.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I just hit a year at my job and besides a long weekend here & there haven’t taken any time off.  I also worked a year at the other job for a year and took no time off.  I never took time off from the job from hell, I just had working vacations....

I noticed I’m starting to get a little ragged around the edges.  Coming in late, I’m not motivated to work on projects,  just a little tired of work... This 4 day weekend will help (wanted to blow early but have a 4 pm meeting now...) but I need a real vacation.

Chris you don't live to work.  You work to live.

Words to live by.

• Awesome 1

Sometimes the best vacations are staycations because you don't have to worry about packing and travel arrangements, but a change of scenery can be a  good break as well.  Maybe a low key sort of trip and not one that involves a lot of going from place to place.

• Awesome 1

18 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I've worked for several different employers.  I always found that after working the first full year for an employer, I did need and took some real vacation.  And I've liked all of my jobs throughout  my career.