It is my sad duty to inform you (possibly squeemish material)

Scrapr

that after 18 months of kicking C ass. C beat WoScrapr to a draw. C got her body but never her soul.  She passed Thursday. 

We were in Bend and her body just gave out. She sat for about an hour on the couch just catatonic. Then she said she wanted the Death with Dignity drugs. Looking at her I could tell it was her time. We were hoping for a volunteer to come over & help mix the concoctions. There are 3 different doses a half hour apart. Nobody was really available so that left it to me. I was a bit nervous but the directions are clear and I had everything laid out. 

She was kibutzing as I'm getting everything. "Do you know where the tea spoon measure is?" Look on the conversion chart on the fridge. Not too much. Then she said I'm not bossy, I'm helpful...LOL

We sat and talked about how i proposed to her.I got a cheapy ring knowing that we would be back for the real deal. The salespeople were all a quiver. Is she going to say yes? I said I have absolutely no idea. I was going to propose at dinner but got too nervous. So asked her in the hotel lobby next door where we were staying.

We talked about where to spread our ashes (Little Cayman) and she brings out of her memory the maintenence guys name and how he was pissed because he didn't get to drive the tourists on the tours. The island is like 1.5 miles long. How much is there to see? (I have to look him up...LOL) That was classic WoScrapr. She was great with names & people. She collected friends by the dozen

Her Dad (who she is exactly alike) came to her the last 2 nights. So I asked WoScrapr to come for me when it's my time. We kissed and had a sip of wine.She laid down and was gone peacefully a few minutes later. 

.Bend was her zen place. She loved it. The sun, the outdoors, the people. It was exactly where she wanted to go. A good one gone too soon

Crab feed.jpg

• Sad 24

Damn. I am so sorry  :(

You were so lucky to have each other, and I am really sad that had to be interrupted. I don’t know what to say, other than everyone here who reads this in the next couple of days is with you and we always are here for you. 

I know how you took care of her, it is nice that the decision-making was in her hands and that you were there for her. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this.  I can't imagine how difficult this is for you, but I know that having you with her must have been a real comfort for her. I hope that, in time, your memories will bring you comfort.  I don't have words to adequately express my feelings, but if you want to talk, let us know.  We are here if there is anything we can do.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Brother, like the others here, I really have no words other than I have a huge amount of respect for you both.  The deap love you had for each other and the mutual respect to do this together simply astounds me.  And, this made me cry. Not from sadness but by how much of an impression your love was for each other.  Thank you for shining the light. 

Rick

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

What a beautiful post. Each word illustrates the special love you share.  Sending many prayers to you and those she loves.   May your memories of a life lived in joy bring you comfort and peace   Something  William Penn, a Quaker, wrote and paraphrased by me —

They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill a love that never dies. Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still.  This is the comfort.

wishing you peace, my friend.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I'm so sorry to hear this, I really am.........but when I read your post I found myself being envious of the bond you shared and it makes me sad that I can never have the same.

I have no faith and I do not pray.......but I wish you every comfort from wherever you may find it.

Scrapr, 

So sorry for your loss, it's not supposed to end so soon. We just got to the good part. I'm sure you will miss her forever.

My father in law passed the same way, he went very peacefully with his family gathered round him.

Watching someone you love fail, and be in pain is an awful burden that has been lifted. Sharing her passing is as intimate as it gets.

My thoughts are with you.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I am so deeply sorry for your loss but so thankful that the two of you shared such a deep love that you could do this for her and that she could trust in you.  I truly do not have any words that will comfort you or take away your loss or pain.

My faith waxes and wains, but you story immediately brought to mind this verse.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I will keep you and your wife and family in my prayers tonight.  Peace and strength brother.  

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1