No one wants to play

petitepedal

:( So...since yesterday's ride was 20 miles...I might not go out for a ride today or if I do..later today...it will be a short one..cos well 20 was what I was planning as a long for the weekend..Also...don't have THE shoulder pain of the vest or camelbak..but I can still feel my shoulders after Thursdays work out :whistle:  It is a lovely day....and I am gonna pack up flat stanley and head out..for some sunshine....might bring a book with me for some reading...don't know :dontknow:

Home now...Stanley and I hit the State Capitol, The Governor's Mansion, a bakery and a few parks in between...a couple of stops on the river...But Minnehaha Falls was way crowded...and I drove on.

Picked up some Brats at the LGS by work for grilling later today..picked up some flowers and herbs for my deck..The parks are zoo crazy and crowded....feeling a bit sorry that I didn't ride early but hey :dontknow:  There is still a small chance I will get out!!

• Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

I did a long bike ride with a friend (72 miles). We started at 5:30 to miss the heat and stupid people on the trail ( other than us). Showered, lunched, napped. Waiting to go to a local place for steak, crab cakes and beer. Currently listening to Miles Davis, Kind of Blue on the phonograph. 

Which one did you do?

6 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

W&OD, Vienna to Purcellville and back. On the way, we passed the Ruck to Remember team. They hike 60 miles in three days to DC to remember the fallen members of the military. 

That’s wha I assumed you rode. But I was not familiar with the Ruck hike.  That pretty awesome. 

• Heart 1

We came back into Vancouver and met our son for the day.  Did a few hikes in some local parks.  The D2 and S-only treated her to a Dark Table meal.  The restaurant is totally black and you eat in the dark.  All the wait staff are legally blind.  @Square Wheels did one a year or so ago in Montreal.  It was a neat experience and made me appreciate how hard it must be to eat out when you are blind.  Now waiting for the ferry home

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Zephyr said:

We came back into Vancouver and met our son for the day.  Did a few hikes in some local parks.  The D2 and S-only treated her to a Dark Table meal.  The restaurant is totally black and you eat in the dark.  All the wait staff are legally blind.  @Square Wheels did one a year or so ago in Montreal.  It was a neat experience and made me appreciate how hard it must be to eat out when you are blind.  Now waiting for the ferry home

http://www.darktable.ca/about.html

• Heart 1