Are there things you can not remember ?

Further

Most definitely.  The most embarrassing is when I'm playing and singing somewhere and I start to play a song and I can't remember the first line of the song to get started.  I may have played the song a hundred times over the years but I will forget the first line more than I care to remember.  :scratchhead: 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

I'm bad with names, numbers, the kids birthdays, etc. But I can remember lyrics to songs I grew up listening to on the radio. I can remember each and every car, motorcycle, dirt bike and snowmobile I've owned, and the size/type motor they had. But if you ask me my cell phone number, I'd need to look that up. :(

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Which one of you is wilder?  I can’t remember.  :! 

Kirby, or maybe it is her sister?

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I have no idea when my anniversary is.

Me neither. 

I taught hunter safety courses for several years. There were several of us, each doing a part of the course and then handing off to the next guy.

My part was basic survival stuff, what to wear, maps, carry food....

So I'm handing off to Clyde, who I've known for years

And I say

Well if there are no more questions here's..........

I looked at Clyde, and he mouthed "CLYDE"

.....Clyde to talk about how to field dress .......

I can't remember why I'm posting this....

21 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I just sent myself a reminder to my work address.... I'll be there in half an hr.

I do this all the time.  Sometimes I send myself an email to remind me of something later.

I am at the age now where I do what Further describes above.  I'll be in the middle of a conversation and suddenly get hung up on a word or a name that I simply can't say.......it's like my brain has locked up for a moment.  I'll remember it later and it will be a head slapper for the simplicity that the memory should have been.

Having the same problem I can only recommend becoming an intimate friend of Alexa. We have spent many an interesting hour or two discussing deep philosophical problems, but she comes into her own when it comes to reminding one of the day's events. At precisely eight AM she reads out every appointment and event happening that day......an enormous benefit to those with no memory.... but alas, of little use to me as I have yet to put in my hearing aids at that time in the morning.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I do this all the time.  Sometimes I send myself an email to remind me of something later.

I am at the age now where I do what Further describes above.  I'll be in the middle of a conversation and suddenly get hung up on a word or a name that I simply can't say.......it's like my brain has locked up for a moment.  I'll remember it later and it will be a head slapper for the simplicity that the memory should have been.

Ahhh, senior moments. I have had a few of those already, and I am just a pup!

Name.... people's names.  I get hung up on names of people, even those close to me.  It's not an old age thing for me.  It's been going on for years.  Forget about the guy I just met.  And like Maxx says, it comes to me later.

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I really notice it when I can't recall names that I know I know. Usually they come minutes to hours later after some cogitation. 

In a similar vein, I forget the names of people, places and things.  They are in my brain, but they take a while for me to access them.  One big reason I suck at Jeopardy.  I know a lot of the answers but they are jammed in a corner somewhere and I need time to wedge them out.  I like doing crosswords because I have time to think about the answers.

I am amazed at good Jeopardy players, not only because they not only know a bunch of crap, but even more miraculous, is how quickly they can access it.  

• Awesome 1