Dayton Ohio

BuffJim

48 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Northern part of the town devastated by a massive tornado last night. They were using snowplows to clear the debris off I-75. 

Yikes! We are going to be vacationing near Dayton in a few weeks. We were just talking a few days ago about areas prone to tornadoes.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

It looks like this went right thru Donk's area of Dayton.Hope he is OK!It missed my area... mostly..... up here in Darke county,Ohio.Hang in there Donk!

Eeeek. That's not good.  Thanks for the update.

I often stay in Huber Heights when I'm splitting my drive to Indy up. Looks like the 2nd smaller tornado went right through them. We'll see if its OK when I try to stay there in July.

Someone from another forum mentioned that they lived in a neighborhood filled with old trees and that very few are left standing.  But she was thankful her house was ok, even though they didn't have power and might not have power for a long time.  Donkpow likely doesn't have power either, but I hope he checks in when he can.

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Yes, we're okay. The path of one of the tornadoes was about a half mile from here. Minor damage in one of the trees, some vinyl siding on the ground, local potable water system pumps are down so we have low water pressure, phone service is intermittent, internet has been down all day. Not too bad. As far as I have heard, one life lost, up in Celina.

Good to hear you're safe and well.................ok, safe then.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Yes, we're okay. The path of one of the tornadoes was about a half mile from here. Minor damage in one of the trees, some vinyl siding on the ground, local potable water system pumps are down so we have low water pressure, phone service is intermittent, internet has been down all day. Not too bad. As far as I have heard, one life lost, up in Celina.

Glad to hear you are fine and few lives were lost.

59 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Great news. Unbelievable images. Did Roosters Chicken on Merrily Way survive? And Holiday Inn Express? That’s my stopover point when I go to Indy. Looks like they were in the path of the smaller of the tornadoes last night. 

10 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Great news. Unbelievable images. Did Roosters Chicken on Merrily Way survive? And Holiday Inn Express? That’s my stopover point when I go to Indy. Looks like they were in the path of the smaller of the tornadoes last night. 

I think those things are okay. I haven't seen reports on damage in that area.

This is a map of tornado tracks on the day. It was produced by a local TV meteorologist. You will see similar published by the NWS when investigations are complete. Sorry about the size, it is what it is.

Storm%20track%20preliminary%20photo_1559

• Heart 1