Do you eBay?

Dirtyhip

I am back after many years of not selling on there.  Prices have gone up.

No bike things right now.  Maybe soon.

it used to be fun.  You used to be able to get a good deal on things, but not anymore.  I prefer to Amazon on most thing.

• Heart 1

Not lately. Not a fan of the long drawn out bidding process or having to ship stuff. Although I need to purge some bikes and a few motorcycles. Ebay does eliminate most of the tire kicking joy riders and lowball offers and time wasters that you get with Craigslist.

I am sellin; I am not buyin

I used to.. I gave up on the online flea market... I had a person try to get their money back for saying something was broken.. it turned into a big battle and I told them to contact Ebay about it and they could go F off... After 3 month Ebay told me to return the asshats money and I said no.. they closed my account and I din't care anymore.. 

The thing is the item got their fine, they signed for the package, and refused to send me the item back or send me pictures of the broken item. 

Funny you ask....a friend of mine came over during my yard sale yesterday and convinced me that one or two things I had out could go for a lot more on ebay. So I pulled them back to try my luck on ebay. Especially since listings are free for the next week or so.

I regularly buy laptop parts there, some for work (fleet of student laptops, and the past 5-10 years has seen individual teenager responsibility even with things that cost real money go out the window), and some for the occasional freelance client.  Mainly AC adapters, batteries, keyboards, but once in awhile hinges, wireless cards, motherboards, plastics, and such.  I've found a vendor for LCD screens that has better pricing than eBay so I don't go there for that any more.

I almost bought a 2012-13 SRAM Red 10spd Yaw front derailleur on eBay last week.  Then I called a shop and found out the difference was about $20-25 and QBP still has them.  I'd rather support local business and the install fee is cheap, so I ordered through them.

I buy some stuff on there. I found a place out of Florida that sells truck tarps for about one third of the local guy that makes em out of his shop. And these seem to hold up better.

Just bought a computer on E bay. It was about $150 less than the local big box. And about $500 less than the LCS (local computer Shop). I wanted Win 7 so I think the LCS jacked up  the price

Sometimes I need a truck tarp motor. They burn  out if  abused. New from Manufacturer about $500. I have got them as low as $225

I don't sell though

I buy stuff, but don't sell stuff. I'm an awesome EBay buyer. I pay for everything right on the spot, never bitch, and always give 100% ratings even if I wasn't 100% satisfied, but got what I paid for

I've bought all sorts of stuff...cheap bookcase shelves, chemistry lab equipment, a telescope, even a tenor sax

don't think I'd like selling stuff. EBay takes a lot of money from you and you have to deal with packing it up and shipping it

Funny you ask....a friend of mine came over during my yard sale yesterday and convinced me that one or two things I had out could go for a lot more on ebay. So I pulled them back to try my luck on ebay. Especially since listings are free for the next week or so.

I will buy your stuff and then claim it was broken.

I buy things but usually only if they're on "buy it now" not an auction, and only if it's something I can't find at Amazon or in a local store (like the old design Revereware tea kettle).  The only thing I can recall buying at auction was the replica of the lovely (and long sought) blue faced clock of my childhood.  Luckily for me, nobody else in the world was interested in bidding on it, or even having it in their house.