A Roubaix/Domane On A Budget?

Razors Edge

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I just entered the contest so maybe they'll send me the whole darn bike!

:hapydance:

It's a nice bike, but I think many manufacturers miss the boat when they don't add a cage mount on the underside of the downtube and on the fork blades. The tire clearance is kind of limited too. 

I like that many bikes in this category allow 700 x 45 as well as 650b x 2.0 like the Warbird.

2019 Warbird Carbon Force 1 650

1 hour ago, dennis said:

Looks like good stuff. I'd like to try it first. They need to send me a  setup.

Cane Creek has made the Thudbuster for years now. 

Cane Creek - Thudbuster ST Seatpost - Black

I had put a Niner RDO flex post in my old HT and it worked well but sometimes I felt I was being whipped forward as the post flexed back on impact and then sprung forward.  I think an articulated set up is better.

Funny how what's old is new again with the flex stem.

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I had put a Niner RDO flex post in my old HT and it worked well but sometimes I felt I was being whipped forward as the post flexed back on impact and then sprung forward.  I think an articulated set up is better.

Funny how what's old is new again with the flex stem.

Old is new again with a bunch of stuff, isn't it? Oval chainrings, dropper post or a Joe Breeze height-rite, and damn near anything Charlie Cunningham was building 30 years ago. Big wheels, drop bar off-road, boost spacing hubs. I bet he was doing something like a thru axle then too. They were the Edisons, now it's all about sales. New and shiny. 

When will we see the Tioga disc wheel again? 

9 minutes ago, dennis said:

Old is new again with a bunch of stuff, isn't it? Oval chainrings, dropper post or a Joe Breeze height-rite, and damn near anything Charlie Cunningham was building 30 years ago. Big wheels, drop bar off-road, boost spacing hubs. I bet he was doing something like a thru axle then too. They were the Edisons, now it's all about sales. New and shiny. 

When will we see the Tioga disc wheel again? 

I remember my sisters BF got the old Biopace chainrings on a new bike he bought. Had to have been 83 or 84.  He hated them and swapped out cranks.

Yeah I’d like to see Johnny T riding a Tioga disc with drop bars on a mtn bike!

On 6/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, Razors Edge said:

Probably the case.  I have the winner's name and town, so, if I get there before Dennis, I can right a wrong and have a sweet new ride!

Better hurry. Get it before he puts his custom on.

%3Ffile=Klunkrace_496299786.jpg&dh=533&d