Saturday adventures

Airehead

I have the place to myself as the family is working today because of SAT tests.  :hapydance:

With all that freedom I will get to do a load of laundry, some dishes, a run to the annual hazardous waste fair to drop off empty spray paint cans and probably a jaunt to the fast food emporium to pick up food to drop off for them.  What a deal.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m going to load up the zero turn and go mow my mother in law’s hay field again. I wish I had found someone to bale it. The grass was too long to use my bagger so the grass I cut last week will still be messing with me this week.

Too far for your Amish neighbors to go for some free hay?

Going to see the niece run at Penn.  The Mrs. revised our leaving time from 7:30 to 8:00 at the last minute so here I am all dressed up with no place to go.  The couch is calling a siren song. :D  Ruby still needs to be fed and the A/C still needs to be checked.  I am exhausted already!

• Heart 3

Nothing very exciting. Storing the greenhouse away this morning. Get out a sea kayak my brother is getting from me.  Then a graduation open house for a friends daughter and after that my nieces wedding.

Yesterday was a lot of work but still kinda fun.  Took the logs from the trees blown down in the storm to our Amish neighbors sawmill and cut them up into some nice lumber.  Now have a nice supply of 1 inch and 2 inch boards drying.  cutting up logs with the big sawmill is always fun...Big boys need toys too.  ?  Then spent the rest of the day cleaning up trash around the yard that was still left from the storm.  The first week was spent getting things out of the fields so we could get crops planted when it dried off enough so the yard waited.  Still have more to do. 

• Heart 2

54 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Going to see the niece run at Penn.  The Mrs. revised our leaving time from 7:30 to 8:00 at the last minute so here I am all dressed up with no place to go.  The couch is calling a siren song. :D Ruby still needs to be fed and the A/C still needs to be checked.  I am exhausted already!

The life of a spectator is not an easy one. 

• Haha 1

Slow start..at least 2 sets of storms passed in the night..with lots of rain..It was still overcast and a little threatening at 7...sipping tea with cooking shows on..thinking about breakfast and getting out..just not sure if I will ride or what...Here is where I miss having a bike buddy...where plans are made to ride...My neighbor and I can decide to go for a day trip window shopping and having lunch..just as easily..... Have a commitment to meet someone for a ride...helps!!

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@Digital_photog, your wife tells me you have enough toys. Don’t even think of buying a sawmill. 

Too late,  I  already have an Alaskan sawmill.  Great for small jobs.  These logs were too big for it.  Mine is about 40 years old.  I think it cost about $90 when I got it.  Mr Aire really should have one.  Want me to explain the benefits to him?

Alaskan mill

The old sea kayak is out, washed and ready for my brother to pick it up.  It will be spending time on Lake of the Ozarks instead of Lake Superior.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Shu Fang said:

Woke up around 12:00 PM.  Got about 5 hours of sleep.

Pat and I went to a local plant place.  She let me pick out two lavender plants.  I like those.

Then, I did what I love best.  I took a meeting into a hospital tonight.  

Shu Fang

You are good people.

I did a twenty mile ride and got home 15 minutes before a storm rolled through. After that cleared up, we took our youngest to a local winery/brewery that was hosting a fundraiser for local shelters. She went from barking crazy at every dogs day person, to calmly and quietly making new friends.

• Heart 1