Waffles or pancakes

Airehead

Pancakes. I don't know if it's the texture or taste, but I like pancakes better than waffles.  And a recent restaurant breakfast featured something I like better than pancakes.

At Denny's they have a breakfast: two two eggs, two sausage links, hash browns, and - instead of the usual pancakes - a folded, soft crepe with a thick vanilla creme inside and covered with a bunch of strawberries.  I like that crepe better than their "Grand Slam" breakfast where pancakes replace the crepe.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I always liked waffles better but we quit eating sugar so we don’t do either anymore. We do still eat fresh fruit.

No added sugar to these waffles other than what is in The Sigi low sugar yogurt. 

43 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Wth are flourless pumpkin pancakes made with?

INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
  • Heart 1

1 cup flour

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp baking soda

good pinch of salt

2 eggs

buttermilk

Separate the eggs and whip the whites to a stif peak

Make the batter with the yolks, and then fold the whites into the batter.  Makes for a super fluffy and perfect flapjack or waffle. 

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

This is one of the few (maybe only?) places that RE is right!  I like both real and fake, and fake is SO much cheaper. :D

The real stuff isn't that expensive when you can buy directly from the Mennonites. I pay 40 bucks for 4 liters. I give some away to my kids and still have more than enough till the season rolls around again.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Well I didn't see this until now, but I would have picked waffles.  Nobody in my family ever had a waffle maker, so I didn't have them as much growing up.  Sunday breakfast was usually pancakes or french toast for me

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Kirby said:

Well I didn't see this until now, but I would have picked waffles.  Nobody in my family ever had a waffle maker, so I didn't have them as much growing up.  Sunday breakfast was usually pancakes or french toast for me

smudge is right that it is a PITA to clean and store waffle makers.  Plus, amazingly, Eggos are pretty darn good and much less trouble!  Just a few thoughts on waffles.  Waffle whiffer was funny. :D