Sunday June 2 miles, km, workouts, lawn mowed or naps!

petitepedal

Just got back from 12 miles to the park and back. Beeyootiful day for a ride. And walked ruby to the park this morning and she didn't wilt at 76 degrees. She is wilting a little now on the patio.

Your plant looks great, petite!  You carried that on a bike?  Nice! 

• Heart 4

I took Jake for a 2 1/2 mile 87F, very humid walk. I wore an v-neck tee shirt under my pocket tee shirt and both were soaked with sweat by the time we finished.

I took Jake back to his owner, my brother, and we sat by his in-ground pool and talked about music over a couple beers. I would have stripped down to my undies and swam but his son was expecting company. I'm going to put a bag together with swimming trunks and a towel and keep it in my car.

Thursday I walked a few miles while shopping, Friday I did two hours of work stooping and standing then moved the lawn, then the walk today.  That's the most exercise I've had in three days in a long time, so getting back in to shape is making some progress.

• Heart 4

Resting from a hard day yesterday.  House chores and food prep for me today.

did laundry, prepped by bike for tomorrow's ride at 5 am, made tahini sauce, made hummus, toasted nuts, cleaned the floor, pulled weeds, planted some things, made bread, prepped all kinds of veg and fruit for the week, mixed a large jar of PB (the struggle is real on this one), mixed a jar of tahini, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom.  My hands are tired now.  Now, I am going to read, play guitar and look forward to my husband coming home.  

• Heart 4

Was hoping to do a bike/run race, but decided not to sign up since I am physically not ready. Decided to go to Omaha anyway. Beautiful sunny day so we took the Miata. Meeting a couple we really like for dinner soon then going to jazz night at a pub in the Old Market. A very good friend is a bartender and has been begging us to come. Paid a little extra to have a hotel in walking distance, but no parking or Uber fees will be worth it !

• Heart 2

31 on the Sunday club ride, where our midway turnaround is at a coffee shop :)  They make the best fresh fruit smoothies. I get mango banana. I took off ahead of everyone else because I'm slow, and the to had the headwind. But coming back w/ the wind I was able to maintain 19-22 which surprised the fudge out of me.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Further said:

?

Next weekend I am shooting in a dad and daughter event with my day. Trap and I think 50 registered birds. (Clay targets). I am hoping to do well enough that I am not embarrassed and my dad’s excellent shooting will carry us both.  I cannot show up and hit 15’s. Must do better than that. 

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I rode pretty hard but we took breaks.  I'm not sure why but I went through about 80% of my battery this time. Maybe I've gotten fatter?

Uh, you went through 80% of the battery because you "rode" pretty hard.  Had you pedaled hard, you would have still had a full charge!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Uh, you went through 80% of the battery because you "rode" pretty hard.  Had you pedaled hard, you would have still had a full charge!

I dunno.  We took a few breaks because it was hotter than normal for us folks up here.  Mainly for my wife but I didn't mind taking breaks either.  

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

What was her battery level after the ride?

It was a little lower too.  I'm pretty sure it was the quick charge?  The light comes on to show it's full but it only charged for like an hour and a half.  But then it wasn't completely depleted either.  I suppose if it were charging for the full 4 hours though, it'd be different?  I dunno.  Something to watch out for.

22 minutes ago, Dottie said:

@Razors Edge looked to me you ride around Alexandria for about 40 miles?  I didn't know that area was so bike friendly until you posted that article.

Alexandria is om the south side of DC. I'm on the west side.  I can ride fairly easily to Alexandria, and Alexandria (and Arlington) are considered "bike friendly" more due to the ease of using a bike instead of a car, not necessarily for their riding experience. IOW, using a bike in that area is "easy" (commuting, shopping, car replacement), but if you want @dennis type rides or @Dirtyhip's schralpage, Alexandria wouldn't be my starting point.  Head in any direction away from the city for bike adventures. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Found out I didn't fix the car that I thought I fixed, but I did get gardening done.  Went to a family get together to see vacation pictures from the trip my sister and mom took.  Then went to the rink where I reinjured my groin and we lost the championship.  That was still less painful than the repetitious out of focus vacation pictures.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Alexandria is om the south side of DC. I'm on the west side.  I can ride fairly easily to Alexandria, and Alexandria (and Arlington) are considered "bike friendly" more due to the ease of using a bike instead of a car, not necessarily for their riding experience. IOW, using a bike in that area is "easy" (commuting, shopping, car replacement), but if you want @dennis type rides or @Dirtyhip's schralpage, Alexandria wouldn't be my starting point.  Head in any direction away from the city for bike adventures. 

I like using my bike to get around. It's saving me some cash and keeping me in shape. I've gone two months since getting gas for my car and still have more than half a tank. 

Sun I rode to a 5k, did that, rode home. Went for a gravel ride. Rode to the park and did some bouldering, rode to a restaurant, rode home. 

8 minutes ago, dennis said:

I like using my bike to get around. It's saving me some cash and keeping me in shape. I've gone two months since getting gas for my car and still have more than half a tank. 

Sun I rode to a 5k, did that, rode home. Went for a gravel ride. Rode to the park and did some bouldering, rode to a restaurant, rode home. 

You really need to figure out how to incorporate more workouts into your routine.