Eyes on the road

Former member

they need to do that sort of thing more often

of course not using cell phones myself, I don't understand why you people can't drive, but the facts are there: city folk can't drive for shit

Texting and driving isn't illegal in AZ. How scary is that for a cyclist?

Not illegal in many states, still. When I was in Lousiana last year for my cousin's wedding, my dad was also there. I got on his case when I caught him doing it. We got into a big argument over it because it wasn't illegal in FL yet either (where he lives and I am from).

Not illegal in many states, still. When I was in Lousiana last year for my cousin's wedding, my dad was also there. I got on his case when I caught him doing it. We got into a big argument over it because it wasn't illegal in FL yet either (where he lives and I am from).

its illegal in 43 states.

In Harrisburg, you might get a ticket, but statewide, there's no law against it here in PA either

it was 2 or 3 years ago that the city of Harrisburg passed a local ordinance, but then I don't know if its enforced. I see nearly everybody on the way home from work on their cell phone driving like brain dead idiots on the freeway in rush hour traffic

the trouble is the when MADD made their big push in the 80s, it was over drinking and driving. drinking is a vice, and so it was pretty easy to get the votes in the state houses to get a law

texting and using phones is what business guys want to do, what housewives want to do, hell, what everybody wants to do...good luck changing this

its illegal in 43 states.

a quick Google found me this:

The use of all cellphones by novice drivers is restricted in 30 states and the District of Columbia and the use of all cellphones while driving a school bus is prohibited in 19 states and the District of Columbia.

Text messaging is banned for all drivers in 33 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, novice drivers are banned from texting in 7 states (Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and West Virginia) and school bus drivers are banned from text messaging in 3 states (Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas).

Many localities have enacted their own bans on cellphones or text messaging. In some but not all states, local jurisdictions need specific statutory authority to do so.

Nate

Texting and driving is only legal in seven states. It doesn't look like it's been too hard to get the votes.

its legal as all hell here where I live, so bite me :)

I still say that when it was booze, they had it stomped out with jackboots inside of 2 years

whatever....maybe it is maybe it isn't. The fact is that its not enforced and everybody does it so go google your statistics until you are blue in the face...as far as anything that matters, if it is illegal, then the commonwealth has made no attempt to inform the public

and WTF are you arguing about anyway?

did I say it should be legal?

I don't own a phone so I don't care

you people can go and kill yourselves driving and texting for all I care

whatever....maybe it is maybe it isn't. The fact is that its not enforced and everybody does it so go google your statistics until you are blue in the face...as far as anything that matters, if it is illegal, then the commonwealth has made no attempt to inform the public

and WTF are you arguing about anyway?

Nate, we aren't arguing, I'm simply pointing out that you are wrong. What did you expect?

You popped off with some bullshit about it being legal, and told me to bite you.