So I test-rode a Moots Vamoots on Saturday...

Randomguy

I liked it.

To be fair, it wasn't a real test ride in that the stem was longer by 2 cm than my normal stem, the seatpost had 15 degrees more setback, and I didn't have my shoes/pedals, so it wasn't anything other than bouncing around on it.  It felt nice, though.

I liked it.

To be fair, it wasn't a real test ride in that the stem was longer by 2 cm than my normal stem, the seatpost had 15 degrees more setback, and I didn't have my shoes/pedals, so it wasn't anything other than bouncing around on it.  It felt nice, though.

Tobycat had one of those for years.  If I remember right, it was one the only bikes he didn't sell after his nasty crash?

Tobycat had one of those for years.  If I remember right, it was one the only bikes he didn't sell after his nasty crash?

Really?  Why did he sell the other bikes?  I don't really know the outcome of his accident, I think that was all after the big Rodale screw-you to us with even crappier user interface, what is the story?

Really?  Why did he sell the other bikes?  I don't really know the outcome of his accident, I think that was all after the big Rodale screw-you to us with even crappier user interface, what is the story?

I'm going on memory here, but I believe he had 3 really nice Cerevelo bikes.  One a P3, one an R3 and an R5???  Again, don't quote me.  I also know he had a Vamoots and a Lightspeed.  He crashed bad and ended up in an ICU for a while.  Head injury among other things.  Had a bone flap off his head for a while and a prosthetic piece made.  Spend a while in rehab and had a few bouts with post op infections requiring multiple rounds of IV antibiotics.  He is back to running now.   I think he rides on a trainer, but is not back on the road?  Anyways he sold all of his carbon bikes. 

Please feel free to correct any of my story, and I am sure he would be OK with the sharing of his story.  He has put it out there a lot on the other forum and facebook.

I'm going on memory here, but I believe he had 3 really nice Cerevelo bikes.  One a P3, one an R3 and an R5???  Again, don't quote me.  I also know he had a Vamoots and a Lightspeed.  He crashed bad and ended up in an ICU for a while.  Head injury among other things.  Had a bone flap off his head for a while and a prosthetic piece made.  Spend a while in rehab and had a few bouts with post op infections requiring multiple rounds of IV antibiotics.  He is back to running now.   I think he rides on a trainer, but is not back on the road?  Anyways he sold all of his carbon bikes. 

Please feel free to correct any of my story, and I am sure he would be OK with the sharing of his story.  He has put it out there a lot on the other forum and facebook.

Just to add - I believe he was told to by his doc. to not ride again. 

i don't recall that part. When I've spoken with him about injuries, I thought he said he gave it up because he never wanted to put his family through anything like this again.

I must have mis-remembered.  Now that you say it, I think you're right.

p.s. I mis-remember many things but I'll never admit it - heck, I might not even remember to admit it.