Wednesday’s can be wonderful.

Airehead

Work...gotta mail out a coupon I got for $5 off ...wigs to my friend who has had round 1 of chemo..round 2 is on the 11th (she is doing 6 sessions I think 1 per month)..Got the coupon when I was out last weekend..talked to her last night and her hair started falling out....:(

Other goal is to dry out after last nights storms...and walk after work....

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Pp is a good person. 

Lj, won’t the odor make your wife feel queasy?

The newer gas cans are not vented so it should be ok. They have been in the back of the car since Monday when I went Kayaking. I haven’t smelled anything. I was going to look for a gas station after I was done kayaking but the creek I was going to kayak down to the lake on was a raging river from all the storms we have had. If I had put in there I wouldn’t have been able to get back upstream to my car.

i was telling my brother we should leave his truck on the other end of the lake and take the kayaks up on the Pilot. The 14mph wind on Monday was blowing down lake all day.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

i am preparing  to go play politics and then play nice with NY State Education Department.  I am bringing my A game, including the finance guy, because my students deserve the best. 

Jeebus. More TAXES?!?!?!?! Will it ever end ?

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You two are a much more adorable couple than @Kzoo and me.

@Kzoo really screws with the equation.  You, by yourself, are clearly adorable, but as soon as you factor in that moran, the combination drops dramatically allowing two "regular Joes" like me and @Dottie to look great by comparison.

1. Food Storage. This AM I ate two Croissant Sausage-Egg-Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches so that when I go shopping today I can buy two 4-packs at Aldi (on-sale, $2.95/4!) and have enough freezer room remaining for them to fit.

2, Stocks. Then I had to check my stocks: Tuesday was my 3rd largest stock gain since the 2008 crash.  Everything looks fine.  Cracker Barrel Old Country Store announced a special dividend for the 5th year in a row, of $3, and raised their quarterly dividend to $1.30 from $1.25.  That gives CBRL a 5.03% dividend yield.  I've been adding to CBRL since I bought it for no fees through it's DRIP for $17/share around 1995.  The stock is $163/sh. right now.  I'm still in its DRIP.

3. Trash Recycling Center.  I have to drop-off an old, non-working air conditioner and pick up two free Yellow recycling trash cans. I have a ton of cardboard boxes I simply piled up during the year and a half I couldn't put pressure on my repaired left shoulder and the big bin-on-wheels the county provides doesn't hold enough for me to go through them fast, so I'm going to make sure I fill two extra recycling trash cans each week.

4. Walk Jake by 2 pm to beat the PM thunderstorms.  Looks like a nice day otherwise - high of 83F.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Jeebus. More TAXES?!?!?!?! Will it ever end ?

I am not in favor of new taxes. I am in favor of kids with special needs getting equal treatment to the public schools.  It is an equity thing. 

• Heart 3

15 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I’m taking my wife to the senior luncheon over at the church. I hope I can fit her wheelchair in with all the gas cans I have in the back of the Pilot. I can save $10 by buying my gas over in Ohio while I’m there.

The day went well. The sky let loose just as i was getting my wife’s wheelchair switched over to the Pilot. She didn’t get too wet because she had an umbrella, I was walking with her without an umbrella, I was pretty much soaked.

My wife was mobbed by friends who missed her as soon as we got there. I figured out how to get a wheelchair overa high threshold .

When I bought gas I saved over $20.00 buying it in Ohio. Mercer gas is $3.09 a gallon and I paid $2.36 a gallon. I can’t believe people re-elected our crooked idiot governor.

• Heart 2

45 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

When I bought gas I saved over $20.00 buying it in Ohio. Mercer gas is $3.09 a gallon and I paid $2.36 a gallon. I can’t believe people re-elected our crooked idiot governor.

How is your governor crooked? And what does that have to do with the price of gas?

6 hours ago, dennis said:

How is your governor crooked? And what does that have to do with the price of gas?

He raised our state gasoline tax in his first term, supposedly to fix our roads and bridges. We have the highest gasoline tax in the country even higher than California. Our roads seem to be getting worse not better. They raised the tolls on the turnpike supposedly because the cost of maintaining it was going up. They used the extra millions to finance the state police.

43 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

He raised our state gasoline tax in his first term, supposedly to fix our roads and bridges. We have the highest gasoline tax in the country even higher than California. Our roads seem to be getting worse not better. They raised the tolls on the turnpike supposedly because the cost of maintaining it was going up. They used the extra millions to finance the state police.

Wow.  That's an example of spending on pork.

• Awesome 1

58 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Actually, the gas tax increase was approved by the legislature and signed by Governor Tom Corbett, before Wolf took office. They went into effect during Wolf’s term, but were approved as law by Corbett.

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Actually, the gas tax increase was approved by the legislature and signed by Governor Tom Corbett, before Wolf took office. They went into effect during Wolf’s term, but were approved as law by Corbett.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

1 minute ago, dennis said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Who knew that a governor needed the legislature to pass a bill before he could sign it into law?!? Or that Corbett (R) and the GOP legislators could be responsible for a law that went into effect during Wolf (D)’s term. Now, Wolf has advocated for the benefits of the tax monies, but we have terrible roads and bridges in this state, so I don’t object terribly to any of the decisions.

• Heart 1