Darn the government!

KrAzY

So I went into Cabelas to pick out a new weapon... I get all the paperwork filled out and then the clerk asked to see my ID. 

I pull out my driver license and show it to her. She said there was a problem. The paperwork I filled out has my middle name on it, but my ID does not... I guess without a proper ID with my frick'n middle name on it means no weapon for me. The only thing I have for an ID is my passport, So I drove home and grabbed it from the safe, and then headed back to Cabelas to prove to the people and Government I do in fact have a middle name.. By this time it was starting to get funny because I was more confused about why nothing I own ( Driver License, Registrations, Home Documents, State issued ID's, Governmental Work ID's, ect) have the middle name on it if it is so damn important.. Fer Christ sakes... I have to have 4 federal background checks done a year... I would laugh if somehow I fail the check this time 

Meh..... Stupid technical paperwork BS

Bob, you live in AZ.
We don't need no stinking CCW.

No, not required anymore, but I have still maintained mine. It makes things much simpler when you go to purchase and there are several other states that honor it due the the training required to get it.

Look in the mirror.  When you apply for these forms of identification you probably fail to list your middle name/initial so they never make it onto the final document.  I wasn't there when you filled out the applications but my theory is one of omission.

If there is a box, I fill it in... I am a precise paperwork person! I have a long family history in the paperwork department and was raised to be sure everything is in order. 

I called the DMV about why my middle name/initial was not on my license. They told me they don't always put it on for security reasons, just like how they stopped using the SSN on the license. 

I called the DMV about why my middle name/initial was not on my license. They told me they don't always put it on for security reasons,

Do you live in Ohio? That sounds like a stupid reason not to put it on your license.  Ergo, something that Ohio would do.  You should tell them of your difficulty in obtaining firearms due to their stupid policy and that you will hold them accountable when you finally obtain said firearms.

I called the DMV about why my middle name/initial was not on my license. They told me they don't always put it on for security reasons,

Do you live in Ohio? That sounds like a stupid reason not to put it on your license.  Ergo, something that Ohio would do.  You should tell them of your difficulty in obtaining firearms due to their stupid policy and that you will hold them accountable when you finally obtain said firearms.

Used to live there, and became too smart for them. I didn't want to be the genius in the town of 2,000 :)

• Heart 1

Instead of driving home to get another form of ID, I think I would have solved the clerk's problem by just asking for a new form and completing it without my middle initial so it matched my license.

Tried that, and it did not go over well... the manager told me she could refund me what I did pay and we could do it again at a later date.. ( about a week) 

I just said screw it and ran home for the passport. I figure I can have my new toy now instead of later :)

so somebody named Krazy can't buy guns in this country? :huh:

sounds almost lie the system works, though, don't it boys?

It's not the point of buying a gun ( since It is ready for pick up now.... it is the point I don't have a middle name on any of my documents except passport. 

I fill out all the boxes on the forms, but it does not mean that they will put it on your license or cards. 

no middle name?

like "Krazy A. Loon"?

listen, you show up with a moniker like that and a DL pic like this -> photo-72.jpg?_r=1388068742

and you act surprised they don't let you walk out with a 9mm handgun and a box of ammo?

no middle name?

like "Krazy A. Loon"?

listen, you show up with a moniker like that and a DL pic like this -> photo-72.jpg?_r=1388068742

and you act surprised they don't let you walk out with a 9mm handgun and a box of ammo?

Now you are making fun of the way I look... Anyone on here that has met me will tell you I look just like my avatar! 

If Jed and Bubba can gets a gun.. so's can I ! 

take my advice, just start cussing and brandishing a half empty bottle of American Whiskey when they give you any static. This is how I buy guns at Walmart, Bass Pro, Giant, the Sunoco station up at the Interstate...anyplace that sells a lot of guns