Is it bad to hate your own kid?

Zephyr

High praise for your son: it takes high-level skills, hard work and responsibility to make it through a co-op program.

Is he in a 2-semesters-on 1-semester-off co-op program?  At what college?  When I was in grad school at IIT on a scholarship and teaching assistantship, some of the chemistry lab students I taught were on such a co-op program to get engineering degrees and I wished I had known of such a thing when I was getting out of high school.

18 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Is he in a 2-semesters-on 1-semester-off co-op program?  At what college?

Yes, 2 semesters of classes, 1 co-op.  He is finished his last semester of classes, this coop is done in Sept at which point he graduates and gets his iron ring.  He is going to University of Victoria a couple hours south of me 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

When he can out-ride you and leave you in his dust, the hating really starts.  :(

He has never been on a road bike, but I bet he could kick my ass.  He did a summer tree planting in the mountains and came back in wicked shape and has held onto it.

10 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Kid #3 (SonofZ) is in his last co-op for his Mech Wng degree.  An avid diver he wants to work in the deep sea submersible field.  Through his own initiative he managed to get his co-op at a world industry leader, so I thought that was pretty cool, until this week.  This week he took his first dip in a 3 man sub.  And he had the gall to send me pics of him overseeing it going in the water and him in it.  And to top it off, it was the sub built for and used in James Cameron's "The Abyss".  I kind of hate him right now.  

Jared2.jpg

FB_IMG_1559702476946.jpg

You're a proud father, Zeph.

• Heart 1