Chips Anyone?

ChrisL

Frito Lay has an office on our campus and for the second day in a row they dropped off a bunch of boxes of chips (10-15).  I’m talking hundreds of bags of chips... We have chips coming out of our wazoo!

The scavengers cleared them out quickly yesterday but there were some dill pickle & ranch flavored chips left when I got to them.  Actually pretty good!?!?

I wonder what the dropped off today?

• Heart 1
  • Envious 1

So the mail clerk brought them back to the facilities area (my office is hidden in the back of their area).   Seems like they are unloading flavors that maybe didn’t sell?

I grabbed a bag for me & one for my son. Doesn’t really taste like pizza to me, just tastes like a different BBQ flavor...

CD224B40-09F1-448E-BDAE-3C920E399AF7.jpeg

3165AEAD-EAE4-4D5E-8AA2-3ED295AF88B0.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

They are a Canadian thing 

We generally don’t buy chips as if we do well eat them... But having said that I don’t recall seeing that flavor in the grocery store.   I’ll pay closer attention this weekend.

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Frito Lay has an office on our campus and for the second day in a row they dropped off a bunch of boxes of chips (10-15).  I’m talking hundreds of bags of chips... We have chips coming out of our wazoo!

The scavengers cleared them out quickly yesterday but there were some dill pickle & ranch flavored chips left when I got to them.  Actually pretty good!?!?

I wonder what the dropped off today?

Got any ketchup flavored? 

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

We generally don’t buy chips as if we do well eat them... But having said that I don’t recall seeing that flavor in the grocery store.   I’ll pay closer attention this weekend.

You wont find them.  Ketchup chips are literally a canadian thing

When I was first married I helped the neighbor with something. He worked at Frito Lay. He asked me if we like beer nuts and he got out this giant box of beer nuts and handed it to me. They were not out dated but were getting close. There must have been a couple hundred bags of nuts in that box.

Funny thing about that Frito Lay plant, they built it brand new and got tax incentives. The railroad built a spur that went about a mile and a half off the main line to ship potatoes in and chips out. After a couple years they closed the plant and sold it to Superior Chemical Co. They ripped the rails back out of the new spur.

I wonder how often Frito Lay does that?