I need a ruling here

Parr8hed

So on a day like today where it is gray, overcast, misting rain (but not pouring down) I realize that it is prudent to turn your headlights on when driving. Many people are douches and do not do this for some reason. But I have always lived by the rule Wipers on, Headlights on. So if my Accord is equipped with daytime driving lights are they acceptable for that rule? Or should I still turn on my headlights?

Daytime/auto set lights are acceptable for any rule. I look at it as "they are on, so you can see me" kind of thing. 

If you feel the need for better lights, hook up 4-8 flood lights across the top and front of your vehicle for better lighting.

So on a day like today where it is gray, overcast, misting rain (but not pouring down) I realize that it is prudent to turn your headlights on when driving. Many people are douches and do not do this for some reason. But I have always lived by the rule Wipers on, Headlights on. So if my Accord is equipped with daytime driving lights are they acceptable for that rule? Or should I still turn on my headlights?

Daytime running lights don't turn on your tail lights.  So people behind you can't see you any better which is part of it.  It's about increasing visibility, and honestly those coming up behind you are the ones that need to see you the most.

• Heart 2

Daytime running lights don't turn on your tail lights.  So people behind you can't see you any better which is part of it.  It's about increasing visibility, and honestly those coming up behind you are the ones that need to see you the most.

Good point.  But what if it makes my tailights go out sooner than they should?

Good point.  But what if it makes my tailights go out sooner than they should?

Replace the bulbs and be glad you don't have a bloody German car.  I've been messing around with the wife's for a couple months now after replacing bulbs trying to get everything to stay connected up correctly and working.  It's an awesome looking design, but pain in the ass to deal with because everything is so unnecessarily complicated.

I have a true love/hate relationship with German cars going.  On the plus side, the Touareg really does a nice job off road.  On par if not better than my old Cherokee I used to have.

Replace the bulbs and be glad you don't have a bloody German car.  I've been messing around with the wife's for a couple months now after replacing bulbs trying to get everything to stay connected up correctly and working.  It's an awesome looking design, but pain in the ass to deal with because everything is so unnecessarily complicated.

I have a true love/hate relationship with German cars going.  On the plus side, the Touareg really does a nice job off road.  On par if not better than my old Cherokee I used to have.

I have not changed one in the Accord yet. They all look to be a buch of individual LED lights.  I am sure that it will be a PITA not to mention expensive.  The right headlight is not too bad, the left is a PITA because of where the battery and air cleaner sit.  Headlights are the only lights I have had to change so far in 150,000 miles.