Learned about something new today.

sheep_herder

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Google, and the experience or previous learning that silver is a poison that does not belong in a body!

I googled after reading your post, and decided that some that believe in the dangers of vapor trails from jets, might be interested in this product. I know this as fact!:whistle:

15 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I googled after reading your post, and decided that some that believe in the dangers of vapor trails from jets, might be interested in this product. I know this as fact!:whistle:

Ok, also after some further googling I guess silver is not totally without medicinal uses, and maybe silver-mercury amalgam fillings were mainly bad because of the mercury, but that stuff still sounds quite shaky!

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Experience or Google? I am not interested in trying, but just curious of the history and use.

I had known for a long time about folks buying some silver product or other to fight persistent infections, but hadn't heard about making your own at home.  I used to get 6-10 sinus infections every year and read that silver could help.  I didn't bother trying it, though, after I read about heavy users actually turning themselves ever-so-slightly and irrevocably blue, apparently silver does that.  I don't know for how long or what 'heavy' use is, but it didn't seem worth it.

• Awesome 1

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I used to get 6-10 sinus infections every year

I got a bottle of saline rinse and flushed out the old stuff and Wallah!, much better. I only did it once a couple of years ago and I haven't had much of a problem since. Cheap and easy even though you have to shift your head to get the fluid up inside.

Something like this:

GUEST_b5bb1d12-1780-48c9-94f0-818618cd6a