Forum upgrade

Square Wheels

The software will be upgraded tomorrow.  Sorry for the short notice.

Here is a fully functional demo.

Do we have to be prepared to move to a new place.  Are you going to suggest that we go to The OG for a few days and then complain when we do.  Are we going to have to find someone to start a new forum because of a botched upgrade.  I vote for RG.  Ya, he can do it - the RG Forum.  Has a nice ring to it.

• Heart 2

Lots of things and many of us are unbecoming here, but we still come back.  

Thats why it is fine the way it is... Before we know it, some of us will lose our warning points and not be able to get the special gift we so seek from the catalog! :(

That demo is NOT fully functional. I opened a dos window and it gave bad command for every dos command I tried.

Another bug...I opened the "internet browser" and browsed to same page. I was surprised that demo worked within the browser in the demo. However, when I tried to do it again for the second level, it failed.

I saw that.

Either way, that's a pretty cool site.

It's a cool idea. It would be better if it were truly fully functional. Kinda like that emulator for M68K instruction code that lets you play all the old arcade video games that people made ROM dumps of. Now that was cool. It was so truly fully functional that you still had to deposit a quarter to play (they mapped a function key to it).

been nice knowing y'all.....seems every "upgrade" I get shafted and can't get back on a forum....happened too many times to count.

There may be some random member name changes, I'll do my best to edit them manually if I find that happens.

Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right, it is not yet the end.

been nice knowing y'all.....seems every "upgrade" I get shafted and can't get back on a forum....happened too many times to count.

Did you take off your pants? That helps if the number goes past 20. Unless you're SW and have an innie, that is.

• Heart 1

I changed my mind.  No upgrade for you.

Is it because I have no empathy? 

Just because you are Mr Fancy pants forum admin, does not let you change your mind on what should happen!!

I'm going to tell the google bot about your indecisiveness ! 

Is it because I have no empathy? 

Just because you are Mr Fancy pants forum admin, does not let you change your mind on what should happen!!

I'm going to tell the google bot about your indecisiveness ! 

He is defintiely showing no empathy here, not even sympathy.

The forum will (probably) be upgraded, but there isn't anything to upgrade to yet.  We will stay with the same forum software company, but we will evaluate a major release of the software.  I will migrate everything we have here to a test site and let you all play with it.  If we feel it is an improvement we'll upgrade, otherwise we won't.

Crap will not be thrust upon you.