New car

Square Wheels

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Maybe you should explain to he that they don't kill cows to make the seats.  The leather is a by-product of "other's wasteful acts." (she might buy that).  If you make enough burgers there will be some leather for seats.

They do however use the precious crude oil to make the polyester that goes into cloth seats.

#ifonlythetreehuggersunderstood

Or that Subaru is not even on the list of Vegan Friendly cars, but VW is.

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/the-essential-guide-to-buying-a-vegan-friendly-car

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I love the look of the Outback.  Went to a dealer to look at them, they were beautiful.  Sat in a few in the showroom.  Several sales people sitting at their desks helping no one.  We were in the showroom for at least 20 minutes.  Then walked around the lot for another 20 minutes.  At the time the wife was considering the Tesla, I was considering the BMW, but the Outback was so much more affordable.  We were talking and seriously thinking of buying a couple.

After being there for 45 minutes, no one bothered to ask if we needed help.  We left.

The next day I walked into the BMW dealer.  A low pressure sales person greeted me on the way in the door, and hour later I was a BMW owner.  Week after we went to the Tesla dealer, same story.

I prefer having to go get a salesperson, I can pick the one I want.  But the last couple cars,  I did all my shopping online, so it was pretty  much show up drive, this specific vehicle, and sign.

She is talking Tesla, but it would be a Model 3, I really am wary.And then I would have to buy an early 70's british convertible that would need more work than the GTI.

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

Yup, by the time you option the 3 to being worthwhile, it's too high.  I can do the 4 convertible for less than that.  The S competes with other cars in it's price range, the 3 has to be under $40K to compete, and then it doesn't

But it is a Tesla!  Sort of like "But this one goes to 11"

12 minutes ago, 12string said:

Yup, by the time you option the 3 to being worthwhile, it's too high.  I can do the 4 convertible for less than that.  The S competes with other cars in it's price range, the 3 has to be under $40K to compete, and then it doesn't

She could not be happier with hers.

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

But it is a Tesla!  Sort of like "But this one goes to 11"

Yup.

• Heart 1