Father's Day

Road Runner

I haven’t asked for anything and they haven’t asked what I want. I ‘m guessing they have something planned already.

I don't burden my kids with fancy or expensive items. If they ask what I want I tell them a T-shirt or new ball cap.

My wife is struggling with her dad.  She always wants to get him something special but struggles with what.  

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I am only expecting a phone call.  Maybe.

I'd like a phone call.  Most years I'm lucky to get a text message.  This year it's the day before my birthday.  Oldest son will likely text both days.  Middle son, usually nothing.  Daughter will probably buy me a gift.  I ask her not to.

I bought myself a mid life crisis toy, as did my wife.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I'd like a phone call.  Most years I'm lucky to get a text message.  This year it's the day before my birthday.  Oldest son will likely text both days.  Middle son, usually nothing.  Daughter will probably buy me a gift.  I ask her not to.

I bought myself a mid life crisis toy, as did my wife.

What is the pool boy's name? ;) 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

My son is coming over for the weekend.  My wife is flying out east to look after her parents for a couple weeks so we will do some diving together and cook a nice meal and hang out together.  Both my girls will call me for sure.  None of my kids will buy me anything, we have discouraged it for days like fathers and mothers day.  They will all tell me they love me, and that is enough for me.  I will call my Dad, but usually call every Sunday anyway

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Nowadays, every time I think of Father's Day, I am reminded of that huge surprise I got on Father's Day 2014.   :)

A friend of mine shakes in fear since he found he had an extended family with a flight attendant about 10 years ago.. 

• Haha 2