New Brewery in my Neighborhood

team scooter

I guess I need to get out more. While taking the backway home from Fleet Farm past all the local farms we saw this beautiful new barn. Its a new Micro Brewery only a few miles from home. Less if I drunk walk diagonally across a few farm fields. With beer names like Crop Duster and Roosterbeck. I like them already.:hapydance:

https://www.dbcbrewery.com/

barn.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, team scooter said:

While taking the backway home from Fleet Farm 

My rule is Fleet Farm and Home Depot both have a 2 drink minimum. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

My rule is Fleet Farm and Home Depot both have a 2 drink minimum. 

Is that 2 drinks per store? We stopped at Lowes first, then Fleet Farm and spent over $200 total just for weed killer, tomato plants and flowers. No date on when the brewery will open yet.

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

Is that 2 drinks per store? We stopped at Lowes first, then Fleet Farm and spent over $200 total just for weed killer, tomato plants and flowers. No date on when the brewery will open yet.

Ok...works for me. 

4 hours ago, team scooter said:

We have a beer barn for sale at a reduced price in Mercer. They spent a ton of money remodeling it and getting state of the art equipment and they were only open about six months. It was called The Barley Hause and they made good beer. I never heard what happened, I came by one day and they were closed and a reality sign out front.

• Sad 3

15 hours ago, team scooter said:

I guess I need to get out more. While taking the backway home from Fleet Farm past all the local farms we saw this beautiful new barn. Its a new Micro Brewery only a few miles from home. Less if I drunk walk diagonally across a few farm fields. With beer names like Crop Duster and Roosterbeck. I like them already.:hapydance:

https://www.dbcbrewery.com/

barn.jpg

14 hours ago, wilbur said:

Wait, a beer joint in Wisconsin?   Whodathunk? 

:) 

do they have PBR? ?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

A guy I worked with was given a gift certificate for North Country Brewery in Slippery Rock Pa. He took his wife there for dinner and ordered one of their craft brews. When he finished it the waiter asked him if he would like another beer. He said not one of these, what do you have that tastes like Coors Lite? The waiter just looked at him and said “water”.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Longjohn said:

We have a beer barn for sale at a reduced price in Mercer. They spent a ton of money remodeling it and getting state of the art equipment and they were only open about six months. It was called The Barley Hause and they made good beer. I never heard what happened, I came by one day and they were closed and a reality sign out front.

You should buy it.  Good retirement business for you.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today I was out riding my groovy little motorbike, zig zagging, dodging painted turtles and trying to get lost on the back roads near my house. When I stopped to answer my phone I noticed the brew barn in the back ground. It must be getting closer to the grand opening. Its Friday and I could use a beer. :nodhead:

PS, looks like the corn wont be knee high by the 4th of July. :( 

brew barn.jpg

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Today I was out riding my groovy little motorbike, zig zagging, dodging painted turtles and trying to get lost on the back roads near my house. When I stopped to answer my phone I noticed the brew barn in the back ground. It must be getting closer to the grand opening. Its Friday and I could use a beer. :nodhead:

PS, looks like the corn wont be knee high by the 4th of July. :( 

brew barn.jpg

What is that bike ?  I've been thinking of getting a little bike for around town. Something I could flatfoot with my stubby legs.

1 minute ago, Further said:

What is that bike ?  I've been thinking of getting a little bike for around town. Something I could flatfoot with my stubby legs.

A 1980 Honda Twinstar. 200ccs of surprisingly too much fun. :nodhead:

We sold my wife's identical bike last fall. 

20190502_153128[233].jpg

• Heart 1