Well... Still no power

KrAzY

As of 1pm yesterday our Hood lost power due to down power lines. They think it "might" be back on by noon. 

As a good neighbor I offered up a spare fridge in our garage to anyone needing to keep their medicines cold in this crisis. I also think I am one of the only people in our area to have a generator.. good thing I didn't get rid of it when we moved down here. 

The neighbor came over to see what all I was running.. nothing much, just my fridge, fish tank, AC, tv, and internet. 

He was was not happy. But least he only should have to hear the generator for a few more hours. 

Here are the lines that went down.

FB_IMG_1560177074117.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:32 AM, KrAzY said:

As of 1pm yesterday our Hood lost power due to down power lines. They think it "might" be back on by noon. 

As a good neighbor I offered up a spare fridge in our garage to anyone needing to keep their medicines cold in this crisis. I also think I am one of the only people in our area to have a generator.. good thing I didn't get rid of it when we moved down here. 

The neighbor came over to see what all I was running.. nothing much, just my fridge, fish tank, AC, tv, and internet. 

He was was not happy. But least he only should have to hear the generator for a few more hours. 

Here are the lines that went down.

FB_IMG_1560177074117.jpg

I generator is a good thing to have.

After going three days without power when Hurricane Irene hit us in 2011 and left me with 3 feet of water in my basement - and I live on top of a hill, I got a small generator (1200W) where 1 gallon of gas will last 4 hours to occasionally power the refrigerator, TV, etc. if the power went out and where I could cut an extension cord in half, wire it to the junction box that leads to my nat. gas furnace, then to my generator so it would run if the weather's cold.

I haven't needed it but make sure it will start from time to time.

My sister bought a house that has a natural gas emergency generator that automatically kicks-on if the electric power goes out. It's serviced by a company for so much a month.  The week she moved in, a storm knocked down trees and power to her house, but she was ok.

• 2 weeks later...

We only had two power outage that lasted more than 24 hours. The first one we waited until the freezer stuff was starting to thaw and then we packed everything up in coolers and too it to a frien’s house that had an extra freezer. They lived a half hour away. When we got back from taking it there the power was back on.

The other time the power was out in the dead of winter so we just put stuff in the coolers and set them out on the porch. A guy on my crew at work insisted I borrow his generator and he even delivered it. I used it to power the furnace blower. That time the power was off for four days.