Paying people to stab you with pointy metal objects

late

I am getting knee goo injected today. I've only done this once before. It hurt for days, and it was a couple weeks before my knee felt right. After that, it was damn good, but that part comes later.

Today I am paying a guy to say "this will pinch" and then it will hurt like hell.

Old age is not for sissies, and I want to be a sissy right about now.

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, late said:

I am getting knee goo injected today. I've only done this once before. It hurt for days, and it was a couple weeks before my knee felt right. After that, it was damn good, but that part comes later.

Today I am paying a guy to say "this will pinch" and then it will hurt like hell.

Old age is not for sissies, and I want to be a sissy right about now.

I had my knee injected with Euflexxa three times a few months ago and it was great. Got me off crutches. The shots didn't hurt at all. In fact one of them was done without anesthetic.

I guess it's one of those YMMV things.

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I guess it's one of those YMMV things.

Three times? Yeow. Do you eat steel bolts for breakfast?

I wasn't offered joy juice. I would not have turned it down.

• Heart 1

Just now, late said:

Three times? Yeow. Do you are steel bolts for breakfast?

The normal course of treatment is one shot every week for 3 weeks. The doctor said that they could do it in one shot, but did not recommend it. The shots didn't hurt and the knee started feeling much better after the second shot. The doctor thinks that it should last for a year but come back if the knee starts hurting again. He also said "Don't run".

12 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

The normal course of treatment is one shot every week for 3 weeks. The doctor said that they could do it in one shot, but did not recommend it. The shots didn't hurt and the knee started feeling much better after the second shot. The doctor thinks that it should last for a year but come back if the knee starts hurting again. He also said "Don't run".

My last one was several years ago, maybe more, different goo, and no options. Wham, bam, thank you Ma'am.

So...after waiting for a long time, they usher me into Room 8. I wait some more. The Doc comes in, we yak. They x-ray my knees. Then he suggests the 3 shots. But he doesn't whip out a needle, he says they'll schedule me in. By which they mean after they approval, and their butts covered.

Oh well.

The repair shop has had my stereo preamp for over a year now. I should've mailed it back to where I got it. He's almost as old as I am, and has no idea when he can get to it. I guess I can chock that up to profit and loss.

Things have gone to Schiit, who I need to call now (they are the current bang for buck leaders in stereo gear).

Seems awfully appropriate, don't you think?

Edit: Schiit doesn't do phone. So I sent them an email. I would really have liked to talk this over.