kombucha

Airehead

6 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

You mean the Minnesota senator running for President with the Dems?

seriously, I have heard of "kombucha" but offhand I do not know what it is.

donkey piss is better than kombucha. Vile stuff

and who hasn't heard of kombucha? It's been a "thing" in Ptown for like 5 years. It may even be peak kombucha now

Just now, Road Runner said:

No.  Never heard of it.  

1 - Lift rock

2 - climb out

Actually, until a couple months ago neither had I.  "What are you drinking?" I asked.  "Kombucha" she said, "Want to try some?"  "Sure," I said foolishly... "Yuck!" 

"Kombucha is a fermented, slightly alcoholic, lightly effervescent, sweetened black or green tea drink commonly intended as a functional beverage for its supposed health benefits. Sometimes the beverage is called kombucha tea to distinguish it from the culture of bacteria and yeast."

• Haha 1

You should try some. A lot of folks like it, I have had some that is pretty good.  Kinda odd at first, but not oddly odd or odd in an odd way. I would drink some, but they want a princely sum for it around here.  Hippies must have lots of money, I think. 

The kombucha with chia seeds is really nice, btw. 

23 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Nope.  Not a fan.  Tried it and did not like it.  

I would say you would have to try it from more than one source, it is radically different from one filthy hippie's batch to the next.  It is kind of like trying ramen noodles and extrapolating from that that you tried pasta and didn't like it.  Some is quite good and less odd.

49 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I would say you would have to try it from more than one source, it is radically different from one filthy hippie's batch to the next.  It is kind of trying ramen noodles and extrapolating from that that you tried pasta and didn't like it.  Some is quite good and less odd.

Yeah... once was enough.  Thanks

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 6/10/2019 at 1:33 PM, Randomguy said:

You should try some. A lot of folks like it, I have had some that is pretty good.  Kinda odd at first, but not oddly odd or odd in an odd way. I would drink some, but they want a princely sum for it around here.  Hippies must have lots of money, I think. 

The kombucha with chia seeds is really nice, btw. 

Love it but don’t have it that often cos I’m a poor hippie ?

• Heart 3

7 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Love it but don’t have it that often cos I’m a poor hippie ?

You should sell the bottled variety to the hippie customers after yogurt class.  Maybe the distributor will throw in an extra case for trying it, then you would get free low-brow kombucha for a little while.

• Heart 2