Did Cleveland fall off the earth?

Digital_photog

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

I thought this only happened in California and Alaska

It's happening more and more in non- earthquake zones due to fracking.  I felt my first-ever earthquake a few years ago after living in Maryland over 60 years. It felt like an 18 wheeler had crashed into the opposite side of my house and shook it off its foundation.  I check the foundation and basement for damage and found none but wouldn't have been surprised if I did.

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

It's happening more and more in non- earthquake zones due to fracking.  I felt my first-ever earthquake a few years ago after living in Maryland over 60 years. It felt like an 18 wheeler had crashed into the opposite side of my house and shook it off its foundation.  I check the foundation and basement for damage and found none but wouldn't have been surprised if I did.

I felt that one in Buffalo. Sitting at my desk it felt like the  a wave on the floor was rolling. I think the epicenter was 6.2 in Virginia. 

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

I hope all the earthquake friction does not ignite the water.

The Cuyahoga River burst into flames for the last time in 1969. As tourism climbs, the city celebrates the river’s rebound 50 years later.

merlin_155006631_93377473-ec90-41bd-a38c

...I wonder if that bridge meets California quake standards ?